27 Years Old, 5'3, 145lb, 500cc Implants - Capsular Contracture Twice

27 years old, 5'3, 145lb. 10/01/08 got 500cc...

27 years old, 5'3, 145lb. 10/01/08 got 500cc smooth,high profile saline implants, submuscular, peri-areolar incision, from a board certified PS. Got capsular contracture within the first month.

Both breast didnt drop, both very hard, and the left was higher & harder. My PS told me to massage & take ibuprofen everyday. It didnt help it.

Six months later on 04/15/09 I got revision surgery by the same PS. I got capsular contracture again within a month.

Its been 3 months now & Ive been massaging & taking ibuprofen as told, still not better. Im not in any pain, the ibuprofen he says is for anti-inflammatory reasons. I started taking vitamin E everyday as well to see if it would help. I also gained 20 pounds from being depressed, staying home, not wanting to go outside from being self conscious.

I dont know if I should wait a couple of more months to see if they get better or get a second revision from a different PS, as soon as possible.

Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon

I do not recommend my PS. He is always in a hurry, answers questions short, & isnt very informative.

I went to him for my breast also we have the same exact profile and implants size. What I did was sleep in elevation for my first month and avoided bras. Then i would ice then and massage. Its been 6 -7months for me. What i did also was i would wear and strip to help push my implants down. Although the I do experience my left breast a little harder I been using hot towels and hot water bags to heat and massage. You can view my page how my breast came out. Still not as soft as I expect them to be at 7 months but I try to stay positive and still follow my massage and heating routine. :) goodluck babe!
if your ps was in hurry, answered qs short and isn't informative why on earth would you follow thro with him??
I had never had any type of surgery before. My friend asked me if i could get my augmentation with her on the same day because she was scared. I agreed. She chose the doctor. I didnt know what type of interactions to expect from a plastic surgeon, so i just went along thinking he must know what hes doing or saying since hes board certified. Its been about 6 years since my surgery. I still havent got them fixed because the cost is between $12,000 - $17,000 according to the 3 other surgeons i consulted with.
I have read a couple of "not so good" reviews on Dr K....its SAD cause it cost sooooo much in Cali...and, one of his locations (that I went to) is in Beverly Hills...so I wonder if its just happening to the ones whom are paying less? did you have a lift?
Yea somebody once told me "you got what you paid for" I had only paid $3500 for the 1st surgery. But I didn't choose him. I was supposed to go with my sisters friend to get our implants done together on the same day. She chose the doctor, but canceled her appointment 2 weeks before our appointment. I have not had a lift.
oh okay no lift...he told me I can have implants w/o a lift...I was like "that would look weird" plus I already had several consultations that all stated I need a lift before I need implants...cause my nipples are pointed south...
Both the Drs I recently went to see said I should of had a lift & smaller implants. On my breast revision day with Dr K. I started looking at all his breast work photos & many of the photos looked to me like the nipples always were too low. My breast are not sagging but my nipples are way to low. I was a very small size before so I never thought I would need a lift or my nipples moved up.
oh okay! I need a lift n implants...my breast is heading south...SMH...but, like "we" stated you do not LOOK like you need to pay $17000 to have them done! NOPE!
Sorry for you outcome....how's things now?
Hello. Well it's been over 3 years since last post. Since then my breast have dropped a little & got a little softer, but they still look uneven & weird. I recently went to 2 different docs for consultations to get my breast reconstructed. They both said they'd remove my current saline implants to replace them with smaller ones & that I would need a breast lift to move my nipples up higher. One quoted me the cost to be $17,000!!! & the other quoted $15,000!!! I don't have anything close to that amount. So I guess I'm going to have messed up breast for a long time :'(
OMG...$17,000 or $15,000 for a breast lift w/implants ONLY???? that's ALOT...I wonder if they are charging that much cause of you going to someone else and not them to have it done! I am soooooooooooooo SORRY!!!
Wow Jaxs, that's a lot of money babe. Do they only look uneven naked or also with a bra? :)
One office was in Beverly Hills & the other in Newport beach. They are charging me for the removal of the old implants, the removal of the scar tissue from the capsular contracture, for the new implants, for the breast lift, and for the anesthesia, which will be about 3-4 hours. Yea pretty ridiculous! I'll just learn to live with them for now. You can't really tell anythings wrong with them when I'm dressed, just ones a little higher. It's okay, I'm not too upset about it, I knew there'd be possibilities or risks of something going wrong, it's just too bad I was part of that small percentage.
@kicking it in Cali, I was thinking the same...cause they don't look UGLY like some I have seen that aint even thinking about having theirs redone...but, I know Dr K told me he can do implants without a lift...WTHell...why would I want that done when my BREAST are freaking SAGGING to the SOUTH!!!
Baby Jaxs, can you go back to your original doctor?
With a bra they look less uneven. Nobody ever notices when I'm dressed unless I point at which breast is higher then they're like "oh!!! I see it now!"
My original Dr. Was Dr. K. When he redid them he only asked me to pay the anesthesia. But they looked the same after. That is why I have gone to see other doctors but I don't have that kind of money right now too get them fixed.
Sweetie, I'm sorry this has happened. If you have surgery maybe reducing cc's will prevent it from returning. If not then removed is only option. Unfortunately, this happens only to a small percentage. Sorry babe.
ohh out of curiosity,do you have a preop pix? and is 500 cc the implant size he actually put in you? or was it a smaller size that he filled to 500?
Unfortunately I myself didnt take a before picture. I was thinking of calling and asking if theres any way I can get a copy of the before picture he took but I never did. He put 500cc saline, high profile the first time and used the same ones the second time still keeping them at 500cc each. I didnt know anything about implants so I just let him choose what he thought would look best for my body type/size.
im sure if you ask you can obtain a copy, i mean its your body ya know? I wonder why he did that because what he recomended for me me is totally different and we are about the same built, my shoulders may be a bit wider though. He suggested the tear drop shape but I said no so they are inserting a moderate profile saline implant, 420 bag and filling it to 500ccs. Anyway, again thats so much for sharing your experience it helps and also spreads awareness. Best of luck to you !!!
omg I feel terrible that you are soo unhappy =( !! and its funny that you said that about one being bigger than the other because that is exactly what I was told!! because of you I am really considering leaving my deposit and running to the other surgeon I was going to go with. But thanks so much for your post, I may just run. I was also going to do lipo as well. But now I am totally re-thinking it all. I am deeply sorry you are unhappy with your results, but you are defintely doing a good thing by warning us all and I thank you. Now I understand why all the pixs on his sites, the girls are sideways!!! Again thank you and best of luck to you.

If I was you Id cancel my appointment and go somewhere else. When I went for my second redo surgery I was looking at the before and after picture albums they have while I was waiting. I had seen them before but never paid close attention & I told my husband OMG! Look! Most of these girls have one bigger than the other! Thats when we realized that it wasnt my body like he said its him thats doing a bad job. Of course his excuse is "Everyone has one breast slightly bigger, no ones perfect". He told me it was capsular contraction but other surgeons told me its not, that he put in the wrong type of implant shape, size, and placement. Read what the real self doctors replied to me here: http://www.realself.com/question/breast-implants-capsular-contracture-revision-surgery. If you decide to still go to him, I hope your one of the patients who are very happy with their results because I am now so very depressed that I never want to leave my house.

omg!!! I have my surgery date on the 31st of this month!!!! with this dr. idk what I am going to do now...=( that is my fear one breast bigger than the other because one of mine is slightly smaller than the other and they told me to get the same size because it is natural??
Thanks so much for posting your story and photos. I appreciate learning as much as I possibly can (good and bad) from women like you before I make a decision about implants... Good luck to you. -T