Silicone Breast Implants in 2004 - Rupture?

I had breast implants at the age of 42 years old,...

I had breast implants at the age of 42 years old, after being so insecure, and unhappy with my figure. The results were well worth the wait.

I had silicone breast implants Sept 04, and now my left breast has SUDDENLY deflated and feels, and looks saggy, with a slight burning/tingling sensation, this seems to have happened within 2 days of noticing an unexplained upper back pain, similiar to having pulled a muscle, pain relievers do nothing to ease this.

About 2 yrs ago I returned to the surgeon to look at the same breast, as I was concerned about an "air bubble", and slight hardening, but nothing drastic, allergy tablets he recommended seemed to ease that, now 2 years on, and almost overnight, this same breast has deflated, and I'm panicking, I have no money/insurance or means of getting the implants removed and replaced...

What shall I do?
Update to my question above: I called the clinic, and now know I had saline implants, not silicone as I thought or assumed, My left breast has defintaly deflated, and a consultation is going to cost me $90. The implants I have are covered for 10 yrs, ( I did'nt know this) so it wont cost me anything to have the deflated one replaced, although I would like both done at the same time, so they are both the same age, I dont think thats going to be an option, as I am convinced I did not pay a very small fee for a better warranty...I really need to be either concious when I'm asked about this, or read the small print, as it will cost $1000 to have the other implant, thats not deflated replaced. Thank you for replying.

Glad to hear you've started to sort things out and that the implant will be covered by warranty (who knew - the warranty on your car might run out before your breast implants? :).

Best of luck with the exchange and please keep us posted!

What you've described sounds really odd because silicone ruptures tend to be gradual, whereas saline ruptures deflate more suddenly.

Here's a Doctor Q&A page with more information on detecting a rupture: How to detect a rupture in a breast implant?

Since money is a concern, this thread might help as well: Risky to wait before removing ruptured Silicone breast implants?

I'd recommend at least seeing a doctor to discuss whether you have a rupture. Some doctors offer free consultations and may be willing to help you with financing options if needed. Here's a link to surgeons in your area: Alabama breast implant surgeons

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Florence Plastic Surgeon

I was at ease, throughout the whole experience.