Breast Larger Than Other and Cc Size

I did it to feel better about myself and to have...

I did it to feel better about myself and to have my breasts closer to the same size than previous. I also wanted them larger to proportion my body better as I have weight in my belly that I am trying to get rid of.

I would say they are pretty for the most part....

I would say they are pretty for the most part. They are not as large as I wanted them to be and I wasn't told that swelling should be taken into consideration when deciding on the implant size so what they should have done was say choose a larger implant because even though it looks large at the moment the swelling going to go down.

I never met my dr. until the day of the procedure and that was right before. I was under the impression that I would meet her the Friday before when I went in for sizing well that didn't happen. I was only shown 3 different size implants and was sized on one side and that was the larger side of the two. I think what should have happened was put an implant on both sides inorder to choose the right size. I am not the dr. or nurse so how was I suppose to know to do that??

I am sending you a before and after pic. They may not be the best but if you can give me some good advice or your opionion on this I would appreciate it.

My other question is why wouldn't they have chosen like 425cc or 450cc for the left and 400cc for the right as the right is the larger of the two? I am just not completely satisfied.

I had breast augmentation on Sept.29th. I had...

I had breast augmentation on Sept.29th. I had memory gel implants with 400cc on both sides. Before procedure my left boob was a little smaller and of course it's that way after surgery. My question is why wasn't a different size offered or mentioned before the procedure? When I tried them on I only tried on on one side and it was the larger side. I wasn't told to try on an implant on both sides at the same time. Should that have been done? My right breast looks and feels fuller and rounder than the left side. The left side is smaller to me and feels way more natural. With the left one being smaller wouldn't it have given a fuller look because of it being smaller? I am not completely satisfied and I don't know how to handle the situation without the dr. or whoever trying to make me pay more money when in my opinion should not have too. -- Updated on Nov 11, 2009: I had my implants done on Sept. 29th and I had Memory gel implants and they were put above the musle. I had 400 cc on both sides. The left side was originally the smaller side and still is. I wanted them to be the same that is one of my reasons for doiong this and the other is to feel better about myself. The right is fuller all the way around. It may not look that noticable in the pictures but I can feel it. I can feel the thickness when my arm is down. If the Dr. would have put either 425 or 450cc on the left side would it had put them closer to being the same? I also can feel the implant on the right side toward the center of my breasts. You can actually see it when looking down between my breasts. My dr. says that if she would have went with a larger implant for the left side then it would have made my left breast larger. I have a hard time believing that considering how much smaller my breast was from the right. I am not satisfied and I want it fixed. What can I do to make this happen? I have thought about going to the medical board and the BBB. I also had a drs. appt. this past saturday and if I hadn't called to let them know I was running late I wouldn't have found out that the dr. was not going to be there. No one bothered to call and let me know. I was driving 40 miles one way. I was so pissed about that and then the consultant said she would have the dr. call me this past tuesday which was yesterday 11/10/09 and the dr. did not call. Go figure. Any help from you all would be appreciated. I would like a dr. to please responde. Thank you, Tib -- Updated on Dec 5, 2009: I have had my implants for a little over 2 months now and my right breast, the nipple part is burning constantly. Has anyone had that problem or does anyone know what it may be? Please help me if you can. Thanks
Dr. Eve Bruce MD

Not at this time. I didn't meet her until the last minute before the procedure was done. I feel she should have been the one to do the consultation with me and go over the size of implants and everything a dr. should do for this type of surgery. That didn't take place and I didn't know that it was suppose too. Now I did do research on the dr. and was satified with that until after the procedure of course.

One breast smaller, just want same size!!
they are beautiful
Thank you..Enjoy your holidays.
Yeah, it's best to move on. Even if you do hear back from Dr Bruce again, can you honestly say that you would want to deal with her again? Meaning, would you expect her behaviour to change? No, best to move on. There are a number of women's forums out there which will provide strong recommendations for someone appropriate to your needs. Do feel free to continue with your own research, but don't go back to Dr Bruce.
Hello Please find another BOARD CERTIFIED PS meet with the Drs. Meet More than One , Then make your decision regarding who you choose to operate and care for you. Even if you hear from your present dr. you probably will not allow Him/Her to operate again. To chek in physicians BBB is not the place. The Board Of Physicians is where to check. Good luck
Thank you for your responses. They have been greatly appreciated. Shannon
Your right side is bigger. The problem asI see it is COMMUNICATIONS, COMMUNICATIONS, COMMUNICATIONS, Implants come in increments of 25cc or 50 cc. Sometime one puts a larger one in the smaller implant to compensate. But it may correct the asymmetry completely because of the different distribution of the breast tissue may be different from one side to the other. I tell my patients we will try to achieve symmetry, but once asymmertical will always be asymmetrical. As for payment for revision this should have been discussed prior to surgery as to your obligations to the revision, again it is communications. I see my patients for at least one to one and half hour for consultation and see them at least twice if not more prior to surgery to discuss all these issues. Talk to your plastic surgeon.
I appreciate your response. I did not know the Dr. should have spent time going over everything with me until after everything was said and done. When I went in for my consiltation I expected to meet with the dr. but I was told I would be working with the nurse. So the nurse is who done the sizing. I didn't know to mention asymmetry because I guess I assumed since they were suppose to be the experts then they should take care of everthing. I didn't meet Dr. Bruce until the day of the surgery and it was right before the surgery. I have tried contacting her but she has not returned my call. She is board certified as far as I know. It says so on the Monarch Medspa site. The research I did was on her medical history, like how long she's been doing this. I even checked the BBB for a rating and at the time it was an A well now it's an F and I filed a complaint but haven't heard anything yet. I don't know that I will and I don't know what to do. If you have any advice please let me know if not I do appreciate your input. Thank you, Shannon
Your experiences with your surgeon just astonish me. It's already been said, but it bears repeating: Find another surgeon, one who is a board certified plastic surgeon. The pre-op surgical consult is to help the surgeon understand your specific goals, get a clear idea about your specific body, and making sure your expectations can be met to the best of his/her ability. It's all about providing bespoke services. When you go for your revision, it's possible you might be able to get away with just replacing one of your implants (depending on which side you like the look of better), but this will likely depend on your surgeon. If at all possible, get the exact implant model from your past surgeon's office. As for the nipple area burning, you didn't mention where the incisions were. Did you get incisions below the nipples? If so, then this could be related to that. If not, then I wonder if it could be related to how your bra is wearing, which is really a reach. Best to get it properly diagnosed. You're clearly unhappy with the results (the whole experience, even), and quite frankly, you deserve better.
Hi, The dr. is board certified and I have tried to contact her through her consultate that set up the precedure but I have yet to hear back from the dr. and it's been a month today. I have memory gel implants and they were put above the muscle and I was cut under my breast. I haven't had any burning since saturday but it does come and go. My right breast which is the larger one hurts more often than the left. The left side doesn't give me to much of a problem other than the cut area hurts off and on. I actually filed a complaint with the BBB the other night and what shock me is that clinic was rated an F. When I did my research is was rated an A so they dropped severely within 3 months. That's pretty sad. I haven't heard anything yet so I don't know. I am very angry because the Dr. didn't talk to me about anything regarding the size, precedure, notta. I should have did more research and ask more questions before I had the surgery done but that's my fault. I have learned from this experience. Thanks for your reply.
Hello It seems that you and your surgeon have a communication problem. Is your surgeon a BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON? The second problem is asymmetry of the breasts. The asymetry can be caused by many things 1: breast tissue disparity 2: chest wall asymetry 3: Flattened ribs 4: muscle problems(Poland syndrome) So not all asymetries can be 100% corrected. I always tell my patients I will try but no guarantees because even if the the reason for asymetry is breast tissue volume, a round implant ditruibute the volume evenly. Breast tissue could be unevenly distributed. therefore it will be impossible to be 100% even. Using different size implants is possible to get close. During surgery we try different sizers and see which one gets you close. If the chest wall and/or ribs are the problem we use different sizers again and see which size gets you the closest. Choose a BOARD CERTIFIED PS with experience
First of all, you should meet your surgeon in advance of your surgery date. It is unacceptable that in your case you did not. During the initial visit you should be examined by the surgeon.On examination the surgeon should definitely suggest different implant sizes in cases of asymmetry. Especially considering that approximately 60% of females are asymmetric. This often a reason that a woman might go forward with breast augmentation. I had a slight difference in size between my breasts. My surgeon suggested 425 and 450 implants. When you think about it 25cc is a small amount. He made a great call because they now look even. It is not fair that your surgeon did not suggest this to you. As well My surgeon allowed me as much time as I wanted to try implants on both sides. The nurse would come in and out allowing me the time I needed. I was also told to come back as many times as I wanted free of charge for advise and to trial implants. I was given my surgeon's email address to email any questions pre and post op.
I totally agree the same thing happened to me and many others...same thing except it is my left breast that is bigger..why dont thet offer the different size implant?? may be that breaks up a set?? but for the money we spend it should be INCLUDED...let me know what happens...

Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

I found this thread from another user that might be helpful (one of the doctors even included a video): Breast Uneven and very depressing

I realise it's not an identical question but I think the answers given are applicable to your situation as well.

Uneven breasts is the #1 issue people mention on RealSelf Re: post-op. It does seem odd that you received the same CCs in both sides. Had you discussed the unevenness with the nurse? Like you, I would have thought there would be a 25cc-ish difference on one side.

Did you take a look at my pictures and if so did you see the difference I was talking about? I read over some the answers from other drs. for the girl with the smaller side now larger side. You know I wished I would have done more research than I did. My research consisted of the dr. and if the memory gel leaked which it does not. I didn't get the treatment from the dr. as I should had. I only saw her briefly before surgery and that was it. I never met her prier to that. My right breast is still numb in areas. I am still trying to figure out how to handle this situation without the dr. trying to get more money out of me. Do you have any ideas?

Yeah, I can see the difference. I'd be concerned as well (who wouldn't?) but the good news is that the difference is slight. I don't think anyone would notice unless they were looking for it.

I think the first step towards handling it is to talk to your doctor. Not sure if you've been to your follow-up yet but just be honest with her. Most doctors do want their patients to be happy, so hopefully she will have something to say about it. Sometimes they will offer revisions where the patient only has to pay for the O.R. time and anesthesia fees (although personally, I'm not even sure I'd revise in your case).

*Fingers crossed for you* :)

I just read your update! Definitely time to call her and make sure she's going to be there for the next follow-up so you can discuss things with her. :-/ That's really weird that she skipped out on the appointment like that.

I FORGOT TO MENTION THESE ARE ABOVE THE MUSCLE.