Breast Augmentation - Confused About Asymmetry

It was a bit more involved than I realized it...

It was a bit more involved than I realized it would be. The pain was tolerable with 50 mg. Demerol but my husband had to do everything for me.

I am not currently happy with the fact that one breast is considerably smaller than the other but will address this issue on my 10 day post-op visit.

My advice to others wishing to undergo this procedure is not only do online research, but don't be afraid to ask your surgeon questions before you go under the knife!

Why did my surgeon opt to put the same size Mentor...

Why did my surgeon opt to put the same size Mentor gel implants in when one of my breasts was pre-operatively smaller than the other? I don't understand because now ten days post op, the same smaller breast is still smaller. I am so upset!

He performed my abdominoplasty and did a fantastic job.

Hi, it's been almost three years since surgery. How did everything turn out?
i was going to go get mine done there can u please let me know who the dr. was...
Can you tell me which ps did you go, help me find the right ps. Thanks
I have exactly the same in the photo above. I'm 4 weeks post op and I am beginning to lose hope. I keep on massaging and wearing the tight tube to push them down. Please let me know if it turned out ok after 3 mos?
Hi, I came across to this as i have the same probelm. today its my 12th day after BA. My breasts are as in Lynee#s pic and i am hoping that once the smaller one drops it will be a bit better. Would be great if Lynee can update me on her status... if you still use the site :) @sim - your post was reassuring, was yours the same as in the pic? thank you.
there is something i foget to mention. I notice your right breast does not drop the same as your left breast, my breast was just like that. i had the same size implant in both breast. now its really hard to see that they dont drop the same. the thing is my left breast is settling faster than my right breast. I say so much because i know how you feel, i look at your breast and i saw myself just 2 weeks ago. I was so obsessed with them it made me depressed. so like i said give them a little time before you do anything.
hi, my breast looked just like that at 10 days post op infact 2days after my surgery my surgeon was going to put me back into surgery. One night he had to leave is home to come and see me, he thought i had bleeding but he did my blood count measured my breast and sent me home to return the next day. With the intension that if it gets worst in the night we would have to go into surgery. the next day everything remains the same. I was freeked outtt! it was also bigger than the other one before surgery. I was mad,I ask what did i do to myself. now 3 weeks post of they are just great still a little bigger but getting better and better everyday. please think about giving a little time because sometimes each breast heal differently atleast from my experience.good luck and i wish you all the best.
Hello, would you please look at my pictures and let me know what do you think? I think I have the same problem. It is three weeks today. I am confused and worried about the difference between my left (bigger, higher)and right side. Thank you for your honest opinion. Sad
I'm going to the doctor's today to have the stitches removed so I'll update on what he has to say about it. Thanks so much!
I had exactly the same prob with my BA 3 years ago so I know how you feel. I was assymmetrical before and the surgeon didn't listen to my concerns, he just said that it wouldn't be noticible after. Actually the bigger you go the more noticible the difference in size between breasts becomes. I am finally having a revision now (also because of implant placement issues)and having 50cc difference in the implant sizes. 25cc is hardly noticible from what I have been told by other BA girls. I would still give it a bit more time for your swelling to go down and for both the implants to drop. Maybe see how you feel at 3 months?

Hmm... sounds like an odd situation.

How much is the size difference, pre- and post-op? Do you think it might have been a case of, if he put 25cc more in the other breast, your pre-operatively larger breast would have then been smaller? (I'm totally guessing.) I'm curious to see what the docs have to say on this one.

Good luck with your recovery and thank you for sharing your review.