Silicone Implants and Lift at Age 45 to Correct 18 Years of Sagging

I had Silicone Implants 1yr 6m ago. I had sagging...

I had Silicone Implants 1yr 6m ago. I had sagging breast since I was 27, finally had the surgery at 45 and am glad I waited until body parts were going to gravity. Now with my youthful beauty fading the implants & lift have given me a renewed self confidence.

I may have a rupture. Is it better to get the MRI then go to a Explant Surgeon or just see the Explant Surgeon? I would like to keep implants but would feel better with Saline if I need to change. Should I have my current Plastic Surgeon do it? What is the average cost of explnt in So Cal/Orange Co?

Thank You for your reply. I just didn't know which avenue to take first.

Cherie DD, Sorry to hear about your problem. Before recommending you have the implant(s) removed, I'd be interested to know what makes you think you have a rupture in the first place? Silicone breast implants rupture rates are very low in the first few years, and I would suspect several other potential problems (ie capsular contracture, implant malposition, etc) before I would suspect rupture. My recommendation would be to see the surgeon who placed the implants and be examined. An MRI would be the second step, and only then would I recommend surgery. Removal of the implants can be fairly inexpensive, however, I suspect you will want them replaced, which will add significantly to the cost. Good luck in the future. Dr. Tyrone Gainesville, FL

Hi Cherie,

For some guidance on your cost question, check out our breast explant cost map.

Good luck!

Dr. Howard VanNiel

Experience, Compassion, Reconstructive experience from repairing bad work of other surgeon(s).