Breast Implants Uneven-One Hasn't Dropped

Hello- I had breast implant surgery 6 weeks ago...

hello- I had breast implant surgery 6 weeks ago (390cc's, saline, mod profile, under muscles).

My right implant has dropped and feels & look great. My left implant is still rather high, and has a different shape/contour than the left. I have been wearing "the band" since one week post-op. My surgeon doesn't seem concerned. I feel frustrated, as it has been quite some time since surgery, and they are obviously very uneven.

The experience was very painful... more than I had anticipated. So far, I am half pleased with my results. If my left implant would drop and settle, I would be thrilled. Right now, they look very uneven. I cover them up.

Update** I am now 10 weeks post-op, and not only...

Update** I am now 10 weeks post-op, and not only has my left implant not dropped, it now looks bigger and higher than it did before...I'm getting more and more concerned with each day that passes...does it look as though I need revision surgery? or capsular contracture? Any advice, input, etc, would be greatly appreciated!

Will my left implant drop? or will i need revisional surgery? How long does it take for the implants to fully drop, and even out? Kindly advise. Dianne

Am 7years after....my left boob looks natural and soft...My right is higher and seems fuller..so I decided to go back to my doctor ask y is this side different. He said it didn't drop I went under the mussel. ?. He said he would redo it for $500.00 . To me he should redo it for nothing ....but I think he just filled one more then the other. For now am leaving it alone...
I meant to say 6 yrs, sorry
Hi I'm sorry to hear about your issue; I know the feeling! I had a friend that this happened to; it was literally the bag popping thru the pocket. She had to have hers redone and place them behind the muscle.
Firstly I must admit I'm somewhat relieved to find this website. I've had my implants for around u years now and up until Id say 1.5 yrs ago my right breast started hardening and as a few of you ladies described above seemed a lot higher than the left and as time progressed it gradually worsened. I've been to my GP as was concerned it might be cancerous as a result of simply not knowing what I was dealing with. He said he didn't find any lumps causing concern but another unfortunate detail I also found was a lump on the outside o my right breast which feels like it pops when pushed and dissappears when I push my chest out. I'm not sure what to think, but one thing that's for sure is that I now am extremely self conscious regarding them which is exactly what I tried to rectify by having them done in the first place.
Hi I had a revision to my left implant to lower my crease and in turn allow the implant to drop down to match the right one. It has been 4 months since the revision and it help a small amount but not enough. I still have a hump from the implant on top o the left breast which makes the nipple position different. I give up tho. The dr seems rude and frustrated and I am not paying another dr full price to fix what this dr should fix.
Thanks for the replys ladies, il post how i get on, just trying to be patient but all a bit daunting at the moment, x
Hi, I'm now 3mths & my right implant has made some progress. when I cup the bottom of my right breast, I can now feel the implant in my incision area (crease incision) so they look kinnda symmertic but my nipples arnt..I will see my PS May 31, interested to hear what she has to say! Last time I saw her, she told me that my right hasnt dropped and to keep compressing my breast..
I did my implants in October 11,2013. After surgery I noticed that my right side was higher than the left. It's almost four months now and it's the same, my dr is telling me to massage it it will drop to match with the other one, how long does it take? I'm very frustrated when I put on certain clothes on I look lop sided. Should I have him do it over because now it seems as if the left went a little lower.... Help
All I can say is give it time.. My surgery was last april, by AUGUST my right one still hadn't dropped, they scheduled me for surgery in sept & a week before, it took its place Perfectly, now they are wonderful!! Sometimes we just use the muscles on one side more I think.. Ultimately, your doctor will give you the best advice, but 7 weeks is quite early.. Mine took months ( all summer I looked freakish) I would give it at least a couple months.. Hope this helps! Best of luck
hello kat, How are you? I am having same problem like you had and i am really scared about my right side of breast it is firm and higher than my left side of my breast. its been two and half monthes since i have done my implants.(I did my surgery on Jun 29,2012) I am reserching and i see your post think we have same problem and almost same amount of time but the final result is after 4 monthes your implants become wonderful. Thank you very much make me feel more comfortale when i see your post. i hope i wont have any truble with my right implant. sorry for my poor english hopefully you can understand me.
I'd be interested to know how all the ladies got on and if things evened up eventually. Im 7 weeks post op this Thurs coming after having removal and replacement. My left one had dropped and seems to be in a good position but the right is high at the top with hardly any tissue at the bottom of the breast. They are like 2 different breasts alltogether. I have my post op check on Mon to see the surgeon but I'm really worried and I've already emailed him to be fobbed off about my worries. I didnt have any problems with my 1st BA, everything settled nicely, 1 st op was done around the nipple, 2nd was the crease incision, x
OJackie, did your right breast drop since ur last post? I'm also 7wks post-op and my righty isnt dropped yet..
Hello OJackie!

Mine did the same thing reminded me of a dog squeaky toy. My doctor assured me it would stop and they did even up. Have no fear you will not be squeaky forever. Try your exercises to help that muscle allow the implant to drop. Best wishes!!
I am at my 7 week mark and no drop for my right one. It's hard to wait and I hope nothing is wrong with it. I hear a squeaky/plastic sound when I move it around. Does that mean it'a capulated?
Hi i had an augmentation 8 years ago and noticed they never really looked the same so a couple weeks ago i decided to go ahead and take the plunge again. The Dr was very informative and pointed out the reason was my left implant never dropped into the lower pole so there was a bit of a hump on top of it making the nipple also appear to slope down. the same implant also would slip out of the side pocket when i would lay back. so i did the revision a week ago and he replaced both implants with high profiles and stitched both side pockets. the right one looks fabulous as always but the left one looks the same just bigger now!!! When i went in the next day he strapped the left upper pole and sent me on my way! i am afraid to massage to hard with the lateral pocket being sewn. it just looks like my right one is perfect and round anf the left has a pointy look to it!!! I guess i just thought if i was going in to revise an issue; it would be revised immediatly!
give it time...you dont see the best results right away! you look nice!
Can you please inform us on the status of your implants..did the higher one drop. My breasts ook exactly like yours, I am 3 weeks post op and am extremely frustrated and nervous.
Hi! I'm like you I hope yours are ok now. I had mine done Feb. 15, 2011. I'm in a lot of pain and my left is so funny looking, i describe them as one is hunting and the other fishing. It's humiliating and i'm the only one seeing them so i dress in thick clothes, (can't wear a bra yet) i'm wearing the band but come on Lefty it's so weird looking.
same problem 6 months from surgery i have developed a hard implant and my plastic surgeon ignores me and will not return my calls or emils for help!!! massages and muscle relaxents don't fix evrything i'm so upset and dissapointed ten thousand dollars later this is a serious problem all of us girls who have opted for plastic surgery should be irate about if your doctor is good and helps you please praise him on here if not also tell the truth about your expirience to help othes and WEED OUT the docs who are in it only for the money not to make anyone better i agree you need to be patient but if you know for a fact something is WRONG your doctor should jump to help you!! after all you trusted him or her with the most prised posession of all yourself!
Oh my... Def sounds like you have your hands full, I assure you, it WILL get better. I am approx. 4 months out - after I posted on here about my extremely hight right breast, I went for a follow up, and my Doc informed me I have a "capsule" and sheduled me for surgery. Since then (about 3 weeks), the right breast has significantly dropped (not 100 % but way better).. It has softened up quite a bit, & I was able to cancel the surgery, as during a pre-op appt, he noted the drastic change and told me keep on with massage! I tell you this story as I think, where capsules and complications ARE possible, we all need to give it time as every 1 breast seems to heal differently. I, too, a$m right handed, and my right was always a tiny bit smaller and more narrow than my left. If you researched your DR. well, and trust him, I believe you should be in great shape in no time. Everyone freaks out a bit after a surgery like that I think - its a big change and you and your body need time to adjust! I thought this may give you some "light at the end of the tunnel" as after 4 months, my breasts are really starting to look great & I couldn't be happier!!! I am also sorry to hear about your personal relationship issues, that can add extra stress and you should really be relaxed so you can heal properly... It will all get easier as you begin to heal and feel better than ever ever!! Best of luck and let me know if I can be of any help!
Hello I completely understand your concern because I am also having the same problem, the commonality between proves that it happens to a lot of people. I am only 1 week and couple of days out, but I feel stressed and worried. I have a one year old boy which makes me an idiot to partake in a surgery that does not allow you do lifting or other restrictions, because thats like impossible. l fear that I may have picked him up too soon or made a weird movement like razing my arm too high, or maybe I'm just paranoid. My left boob has already begun to settle and take on a wonderful shape but my right still feels tight and is awkwardly shaped as thought the implant was placed higher and is not dropping, but I know that the other implant was once like this one and dropped so I still have hope. My doctor advised me that this is common and asked if I was right handed. Which I am, he added that maybe my muscle tissue is just larger or stronger. Either way I am freaking out more and more each day. Please help ease my nerves. Not to mention my boyfriend is a recovering alcoholic/ drug addict and he has been slipping since our schedules have changed and he has to give up more and do more around here. Two separate issues, but I need some advise. This is the first time I have ever posted for help, I always wanted to but never had the drive to do it before.
If anyone still is reading this, I have the same problem!! I am so scared and it's the middle of summer & everyone thinks i got a cheap boob job!!! It has been 3 months, my left is dropped and natural looking, my right is taught & mis shapen... It hasnt dropped in over a month and i massage, but its soooo firm... it wont even move! do i need surgery?? HELP!!
Are you fixed yet? I know it was a long time ago, but i'm going through the same thing and need advice BAD!!!!
Please advise me on the surgeon that you used. Your results look incredible and will continue to. I am from West Islip and am considering a NY Surgeon but if you found a excelllent one on LI I would appreciate it if you would let me know. Respectfully, Tricia, West Islip, NY
5 months after breast done they are looking great! big but great.went from 34b to 34dd after they drop they look real noone would believe they are implants.