I Want Straight Teeth! Braces Were Removed by Ortho After Only 10 Months

I had braces!Iam sure they would have worked but...

I had braces!Iam sure they would have worked but my orthodentist decided to take them out only after around 10 months! Yes exciting for me then but depressing for me now. I was in grade four and responsibility wasnt my first priority.

During the period after my braces were taken off i was suppose to wear my retaners and head gear at night. I tried the head gear as good as i could but i was in grade four and with the head gear i was not getting much sleep! Anyways four of my teeth shifted back a bit.(and i really dont mean by much)

For a long time Ive been frustrated with my smile and not content. Now Iam in grade nine and i have not intent on having braces again! Ive looked into invisilign and according to the website Iam a good candidate(my dentist says so too)...now my only HUGE problem is cost. People have told me about ''trays'' and i can tell you right now Iam no orthodentist that i woudnt need too many(i would think less than a dozen for sure).

I have a friend who has invisilign for her top and bottom teeth for ONLY 3000$ Yeah Iam not stupid! I know orthodentists like to rip off people's money but Iam sure there are a few honest ones that would do the job for the right price...i hope.

I would like to find an orthodentist in winnipeg that would be willing to have an appointment and agree that the price would be NO MORE than 3000$....my family is nor rich nor poor,but we know whats rigth. :P

My question is: Is it possible to get straight teeth for a reasonable price?

I think many people should not worry so much about what their getting but who their trusting.

Even regular metallic braces are difficult to find for $3000, so Invisalign for that price would be a stretch. And it is fine for a dentist to remove braces at 10 months, the second important part is patient compliance (using the headgear). It does not matter if the dentist had kept them on for 10 months or 20 months...if you weren't going to use the headgear, then you would have ended up with the current result no matter what.

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. These threads on Invisalign prices might help:

Flat rate cost of Invisalign?

How much does Invisalign cost?

You can also check out our Invisalign cost map for local prices reported by other RealSelf users. Unfortunately, no one in Canada has reported paying less than $3,500 for Invisalign. :(