Botox Injections Under the Eyes and I Feel Horrible

I received botox injections around my eyes and one...

I received botox injections around my eyes and one under each lower lid to stop wrinkling from the outer injections. It seemed fine but after a few days I have developed droopy bags and swelling under my eyes and I look like I haven't slept in days - which people keep commenting. I have never had circles or bags ever. I really look horrible. ALSO, my eyes are so tired all the time - including when I open them in the morning - and I feel like I need to sleep at 4pm every day, it feels as though the lower eye muscle that supports the eye is constantly exhausted and strained - it seems that the botox got to that muscle.

I feel I would not get under eye shots again - not worth it on any level... my eyes feel tired, I look tired and smiling feels all too weird.

How long before this gets better??? Will it get better?? I feel I have never looked worse in my life..

I also had botox injected under my eyes last Tuesday and by Saturday I had bags and wrinkles under my eyes that I didn't have before. I know I have to wait until it wears off but if I squint or blink my eyes often will that help in wearing it off faster. I am so depressed about how I look - instead of making me look better I actually look 10 years older. People also have commented on how tired I look or am I sick which I never had before the botox. Would constant movement of the area help to wear it off?

Hi Jessie. In some cases, we inject in the lower crow's feet area. This is a very touchy injection technique because if the injection point is too low, it can cause the issue you are experiencing. Unfortunately, there is no simple "reversal" of the problem and you may be stuck waiting for the effects to wear off.

None of us was warned about this potential side effect, though if we are in the U.S. I'm sure we all were given a waiver releasing doctors from liability and stating in generic terms that we were warned of the risks (which protects the doctor but is meaningless for the patient if the specific risks aren't listed on the waiver). Some of us have been waiting 9 months for this to "wear off" and are told it's "not permanent," but from having facial deformity for that amount of time new lines and wrinkles, not to mention lax skin, seem inevitable. The risk/reward ratio for botox near the eye seems unduly high to me to begin with, so I'm appalled there was, apparently, no meaningful warning/informed consent in any of our cases.

too close to the eye seems to have bad side effects that can't be controlled - I have done botox before with no problem until we got too close to eyes.