Worried About Eye Wrinkles - Now Drooping Eyebrows & Bags Under Eyes

I was injected 4 days ago and noticed puffiness...

I was injected 4 days ago and noticed puffiness and slight drooping 2 days later and now everyday becomes worse and worse. My upperlids are very puffy and hang over my lower lids. I have little to no movement of brows and have lost the natural arch and they now sit low over my eyes. I have increasing headaches and large bags under the eyes which I never had before.

Any remedies to speed up recovery?

I told him I didn't want Botox low on the forehead or between the eyes as I didn't want to experience any drooping. He insisted it was necessary and a good doctor knows where and how much to inject. We went back and forth and I felt pressured to trust him even though I was only interested in lines around eyes. I should have listened to myself.

I haven't bounced back yet, but trying to remain hopeful. I'm so sorry (and discouraged) to hear that you are 4 month out and still dealing with this. Yuck! I really hope our experience will help to prevent others from using Botox and avoid such an ordeal. I wish I had researched things more before, as well as accepted and appreciated my self as I was/am, before having this stuff injected into my face. It has been a hard lesson for me, but I get it now. And I have no illusions that the doctors and drug companies will ever admit to less than ideal results. Onward and upward. Good luck!!

I agree with you. It is a hard lesson. It all started because I was unhappy with a few wrinkles on my face. Botox gave me hope. now i know I can never use it again -- so that hope is gone too. I'm decided to use "big gun" creams like Retin-A. I know i'll have to be patient and deal with peeling skin, but at least i have some hope to reverse some of the wrinkles. I'm only 40.

This has just happened to me too. I went to my provider, a prominent plastic surgeon in the area for treatment of the glabella region only. He also treated the "Charlie Gibson" horizontal line over my nose which is not that prominent buy there. I have had this done by him many times before with excellent results. Usually I wait about 6 months between treatments but wanted to look good for my nieces wedding so was retreated at 3-1/2. When I was injected this time I noticed the shots were extremely painful and he seemed to put more botox in the line over my nose. That night of the treatment I could not get to sleep at all and my eyes were actually hurting -- felt very dry and grainy. When I looked in the mirror the next morning I noticed a decided pouch under each eye that I definitely did not have before. My eyes themselves looked irritated red and beady. Over the next three days my eyes became progressively worse -- the under eye pouchesbecame huge, baggy and very wrinkly and the fat pad above the inside corner of each eye bulged out. My eyelids were also dropped -- my eyes are normally quite wide and large now and they looked slightly closed and definitely smaller. They were also dry and uncomfortable -- I was using drops constantly. Five days after my treatment my eyes were puffy than ever, 1/3 closed and now very wrinkly under the eye. I phoneed my doctors office only to find he was out for a couple of weeks but his associate would see me that day. The associate (who does only body work -- no face work) completely blew me off. He admitted my eyes looked very puffy but said it could not possibly be from the botox. I told him I believed the botox had seeped into the muscle surrounding my eye causing the puffiness and the fat pads to bulge. He said that could not happen because I had not had my crows feet treated and suggested perhaps I had eaten soy sauce or had an allergic reaction to something. He recommended I see a doctor and ask for "water pills". When I told him I take lasix every day he replied, well I guess that will not help then, sorry hope it goes away but it is not from the botox. I am absolutely furious not only for my very bad result I got but because I was dismissed with little more than an afterthought. I examine my face everyday -- I know I did not have bulging puffy wrinkly eyes before the botox injections and that the botox definitely caused them. I am sick of these doctors who are so willing to take your money but completely unwilling to take any responsibility when things go terribly wrong. I plan to go back to see the doctor who injected me when he returns from his trip but he too will probably take no blame for the hideous way I look and blow me off as well. It is going to take months for me to return to normal -- if ever and I am just sick about it.
I'm so sorry! I certainly know exactly what you are going through. I'm 9 weeks out now and I wish I could tell you that I'm back to normal, but the bags and wrinkles under the eyes (something I never had before) are still an issue. However, the swelling on the lids went down after a few weeks, but I have wacky wrinkles on my lids due to the flattened brows. My doctor still refuses to admit it was the botox. My botox days are over. I hope you bounce back more quickly. Good luck!
Thank you for your very sympathetic reply. My eyes are no better, in fact they are worse. I am going to make an appointment with my opthamologist because they are extremely dry and irritated and my vision blurry. I believe that in addtion to the botox seeping into the orbital ocularis and levator muscles (maybe not the correct terms but close), it also affected my tear producing mechanism in some way. My eyes are an absolute mess and I look 10 to 15 years older than before I was treated. I have definite lid ptosis (both eyes) and severe edema all around my eyes, wrinkles and pouches. It just seems to get worse every day. Anyway thanks for your support, I hope you will soon be completely back to normal. I know I will not be for months.
I'm curious -- are you better? I'm in your situation now (4 months since botox) and i'm worried it will never go back to way it was.
I was un aware of any possible drooping of eye lids prior to treatment and 5 day post treatment I entered a shower fine, after exiting I glanced in the mirror to a horror of my left eye looking half the size of my right.The upper lid drooped almost to the bottom of the pupil. I was due to fly out to Florida to see my family for the first time in 13 years. I was horrified at my appearrance and thought it might be permanent. I contacted my Doctors office and was casually told no worries go to Fl. and this could possibly correct itself 3 weeks to six months later. You would not believe the stares from other passengers. I wanted to magically conjure up a eye patch to aleviate the stares. I am still in Fl. due to return tommorrow and address this further. Thanks to the internet and quick research by my sister I atleast gained the knowledge that this is probably not permanent and that cancelling a very important trip would not help the symptoms or reverse them.
I would recommend acupuncture and exercise (anything to increase circulation - it made me feel better). I noticed a big difference at week four (though it's been five weeks and I'm not near normal yet, but I'm much better and people have stopped asking me if I'm ok).
i was reading about some one that had siby the similar problem. she did a lot of heat therapy in the form of steam facial and sauna, for about 2 weeks 2 times a day, sound pretty time consuming but apparently by the end of the second week she improved alot. apparently heat brake protein in the muscle. hope it is helpful. i had a terrible head ache myself and i am looking for info too.