Silicone Nasal and Chin Implants (Singapore)

Great experience. Other than the fact that the LA...

Great experience. Other than the fact that the LA was wearing off as the surgery was ending, but I guess it was normal... nothing unbearable.

I've had open rhino in 2006 with a solid Silicone implant (with re-arranged nasal cartilage placed on my nose tip) and in 2007, chin augmentation with another solid Silicone implant. Will they shift? Should I care about how I sleep? routine activity? Hitting my nose/chin etc?

Updated on Sep 23, 2009
Open Rhino + Chin Aug. Both with solid silicone implants. Done separately. I've had open rhino in 2006 with a solid Silicone implant (with re-arranged nasal cartilage placed on my nose tip) and in 2007, chin augmentation with another solid Silicone implant.

Are silicone nasal and chin implants permanent? Should I be concerned with issues such as bone resorption?

Solid silicone grafts in the nose are not recommended because the nose is flexible. This motion on top of a rigid implant can cause the implant to extrude or work its way out of the nose. As soon as it erode through the skin infection soon follows. The implant in the chin is well tolerated and after the first several weeks will be immobile and resistant to injury. There are some reported cases of mild bone resorption under chin implants. It is usually of no concern but occasionally can be a problem in rare cases.