56 Years Old with Sun Damage and Fine Lines. Some Side Effects.

I am a 56 year old woman with overall little sun...

I am a 56 year old woman with overall little sun damage but the beginnings of fine lines around the eyes and above my lip. After researching numerous non-ablative laser treatments I determined that the Affirm laser was most appropriate to achieve more youthful appearing skin while addressing the wrinkles and mild discoloration of my face. I did not wish to have the the epidermis damaged.

I just completed my third Affirm treatment and it may well be too early to comment on the final outcome of these laser treaments as it apparently requires months before one sees the improvement in collegen regeneration and wrinkle reduction.However, I feel it necessary to comment that this treatment was quite painful for me. I did not receive any type of pain medication. I have also experienced blistering, bruises and burns the size of nickels from this treatment. These injuries do not heal quickly and have left red marks on my skin. I am presently using a fade cream to lighten them and they do appear to be getting lighter in appearance.

This is not a treatment for the faint at heart nor can I find anything in the literature about this treatment where my experience is the norm. My skin does appear to be firmer, with less wrinkling, pore reduction and a more youthful glow to the skin. I am concerned however that as the burns, blisters and bruises heal I may suffer residual issues. I am not sure if I would have had this procedure had I known I would have this type of response.