Active FX + Deep FX = Improvement, but Not Dramatic - Denver, CO

Pros - smoother, tighter skin, decreased...

Pros - smoother, tighter skin, decreased wrinkles

Cons - long down time for subtle improvement

Pain - I had only topical numbing as I had to drive myself home, (this may have also limited the physician's aggressiveness with the treatment) but this is a painful procedure.

What I had done - Active FX over entire face, neck and chest, then Deep FX on lower face.

I have very light, Type 1 skin, so for me the healing process was probably worst case--I was very red for several weeks. The redness on my neck and chest was the last to diminish and took almost two months. I waited to post my after photo as I suspect I was still seeing the results of increased collagen production. I may still see a bit more firming, maybe.

I note on the photos: the before photo was taken at the doctor's office in different lighting and with a different camera than the after photo. I am trying to represent the results as honestly as possible and there is not an intent to deceive.

Bottomline--my recommendation of this procedure is qualified; this was not inexpensive, there was more downtime than advertised, and it is a rather painful procedure. For that you get subtle results. Your skin will look better, smoother, more even toned. But if you want more dramatic results you may need to look elsewhere.

I am planning on some fillers and Botox but wanted to wait until I was completely healed. I think those additions will really boost the results. I am also going to do some permanent makeup and will be posting those photos shortly in the permanent makeup section.

Dr. Steve Zarkany

Dr. has several years of experience with this procedure. He did not try to hype it and was conservative in his prediction of results.

I think your results are very good. I can tell especially your eyes. I just had Deep Fx done 5 days ago, just got passed the worst part. I'm just starting to see what is still there in terms of lines. I'm still swollen a bit too, so I'm sure I have to readjust my expectations as my face returns to normal. It is quite a bit of downtime, for the amount of fuss you go thru. I'm looking for miracles I guess - but aren't we all! Thanks for sharing!
Wow!I didn't realize how severe this procedure was.I'm wondering if it would significantly reduce scarring caused by acne.There is a local rejuvenation center offering it for $1500 full face & neck. Is the cost, downtime,pain,worth it??
Hi, I had my total FX done on January 15th. 3 weeks later and there is still some significant red blotchiness all over cheeks, temples and nose. It is very difficult psychologically, so please be ready for it. I had taken 2 weeks off of work, had to take a third week. Now i'm considering quitting my job because i just don't want to leave the house. It has been awful. As far as improvement from the procedure- it's hard to say because i have been so focused on the healing process, and the leftover red blotches. I don't know about a rejuvenation center- please speak to at least 3 cosmetic surgeons. And understand that everyone's skin is different. Be prepared for the worst case scenario because it just might happen, and it is absolutely awful. I am still hoping that once this all clears and all the redness fades, my scarring will be reduced. Good luck- and consider all alternatives before any FX treatment.
I'd say it's worth it. I've gotten fx done twice for acne scars but will have it done at least one or two more times.
I think your results look very good. I have had permanent makeup done also. Make sure your go to someone experienced, and they use a dental block. You will need it. I had my eyes redone (from 10 years before-without dental block) this past summer. I love it. It cuts down on my time to get ready everyday, and my eyes always look great.
I think the results look very good. definitely noticeable improvement-and I think your skin looked good in the before shots. I am thinking of getting this done the quote I got for active fx with deep fx was $7500. Seems like a lot, but I will have to see more before and after pics and talk to others as well. Good Luck. You look great.