29y/I Female Acne Scar Removal - Los Angeles, CA

So the day finally came!!! I arrived a half an...

So the day finally came!!! I arrived a half an hour late , (thanks to the infamous Los Angeles traffic) thankfully Dr. Rahimi and his wonderful assistant Beth were gracious enough to overlook this and greeted me with a warm and calming welcome. I was given medication to help ease my anxiety and a shot in the arm to help with the pain. We started with Peleve which is a different type of treatment used to stimulate collagen growth (which I will review separately). My face was numbed first with a topical cream and then with several precisely placed injections. The laser was started shortly after and it was painless! The procedure went quickly (I may have fallen asleep!) and afterwards I was led to a quiet dark room for recovery (where I definitely fell asleep). After some time had passed I was awoken and led to another room where I was instructed on the proper cleansing and moisturizing technique. This was the first time I experienced pain and immediately Beth took note of my wincing and notified Dr. Rahimi who wrote me a prescription for a pain reliever to be used as needed. Most of the ride home I slept soundly and after the required cleaning and moisturizing regimen I had a quick lunch and then slept the rest of the day away pain free! I am following the wash/moisturizer reg to the T and only have pain when scrubing away the dead sloughing skin. I did choose to apply a layer of extra virgin coconut oil to the skin before the aquaphor with each wash as I have read a couple studies which showed this improved patient success. All in all it's going very well! I can't say enough good things about Dr. Rahimi and Beth and the Forever Young staff!!!
Thank you for the kind word. It makes me happy to see that you had a good experience. No single treatment is perfect and no single modality can completely eradicate all types of scars. We use a variety of laser and resources to achieve the best possible results. (Mixto and Erbium lasers, Cooltouch laser, Diolite laser, Subcision, fat grafting, PRP, TCA and Jessner chemical peels, Needling and Dermabrasion and much much more). Your skin will peel and the scars will continue to improve. It usually takes 4-6 months to see the final results. Occasional touch ups are needed. Thank you again. david
Los Angeles Dermatologist

Dr. Rahimi and his assistant Beth are amazing. The doctor does the laser himself and you can see how important precision and great results are to him. He is down to earth, warm and friendly without giving off the 'car salesman' feeling. His assistant Beth is just lovely. I am so grateful I found these two and highly recommend them to anyone! I look forward to the remainder of my healthy skin journey with this team!!!