Expert Chin Surgery - Australia

Over some years I consulted about eight...

Over some years I consulted about eight maxillofacial and plastic surgeons as I looked for a solution for my prominent chin bone. Unfortunately while these surgeons readily performed surgery to augment recessive chins none were prepared to attempt the amount of bone reduction necessary to bring my chin back to normal proportions.

Last year I found Dr Jeremy Hunt's website and booked a consultation. Dr Hunt was excellent to deal with. He outlined the difficulties of supporting and/or reducing the soft tissue on the chin after the bone had been reduced and described how he would be able to overcome these difficulties. He explained that he had done around twenty chin reductions and was able to show me before and after pictures of some patients.

I am a fairly cautious person and my queries caused the consultation to run for about an hour. Throughout the consultation Dr Hunt was good natured, friendly and answered all of my questions clearly. A tentative booking was offered for the surgery and it was left to me to reflect for some days before committing to the operation. I decided to proceed.

There was not a lot of actual pain associated with the operation. There was considerable swelling and a few days of feeling very uncomfortable and achy, somewhat like having a bad dose of flu but without the sore throat and runny nose.

It is now about a year since the operation and the result is excellent. I still have a strong male chin but it is definitely normal looking. There is a scar underneath the chin but it is neat and Jeremy has positioned it about where a lot of men my age have a wrinkle so that it is fairly unnoticeable.

I think Dr Hunt would probably be the only surgeon in Australia to consider for an extensive (in my case 8 mm) chin bone reduction.
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Very helpful, extremely competent with unique skills in chin surgery - see my review of the procedure he performed for me