6 Weeks Post Tummy Tuck/lipo - Help?!

I exercised and ate well all my life (I'm 50). ...

I exercised and ate well all my life (I'm 50). After I quit weight training, my abdomen got bigger and saggier than ever - even after two childbirths! I decided to get the tuck because I was really uncomfortable with my gut hanging down and sitting on my lap. I was embarrassed to go out in public and could never find pants to fit right. My surgery was almost 6 weeks ago. I had a full tummy tuck with liposuction and drains. I've been to see my PS twice since my surgery and he says everything seems to be healing fine. However, my pubic area really hurts, it's hard and stays swollen. It feels the best in the morning upon waking. I try to walk and get a little exercise in the garden but it makes me hurt more 'down there.' I've been wearing my binder since my surgery.

1. What can I do to ease the pain (without meds)? 2. What kind of exercise is best after a TT? 3. When is it safe to get into my whirlpool bath? 4. Should I continue to wear my binder? Thanks.

mmc...Wow! What an accomplishment on your weight loss. You're going to love your new body. I know you're excited!! EsterC (hi potency vitamin C) and multi-vitamins -- load up and take after surgery for your immune system. Look forward to being put to sleep. Wake up all beautiful. :) Bless you.
Hi everyone only 1 week before my TT with lipo,also breast uplift.I've previously lost 140 pounds with diet and excercise,and although i cant wait for thre final section of mmy weight loss journey.I'm terrified at he prospect of post op .pain. IM tavelling to leeds in england from ireland for my op. surgeon came highly reccommended. I'm also amazed at cost differences i see here on line. My total in pounds is £10,000 ,WOULD APPRECIATE ANY PRE OP ADVICE. THIS SITE HAS BEEN A GOD SEND. THANKS TO ALL WHO'LL GIVE ME MUCH NEEDED ADVICE.

I hope everything goes well for you and please keep us posted on your progress. Ádh mór ort!

Hey, I was just wondering if you could describe the type of paiin that you are feeling....
Thanks for the responses!! It's so comforting to me to talk with others who are experiencing the same things. One of the things I'm doing now is putting lotion or Arnica cream on my belly and massaging it in circular motions. It seems to be helping in relieving tightness and irritation. I feel it's relaxing more. I've stopped wearing my binder 24/7 now. It has gotten to the point of being uncomfortable under my breasts and makes my skin feel raw. I think I'm just over it. LoL *Sheerpink* Yes, I know all about kickboxing. I won't be doing that for a long while! OUCH. I'm going to keep walking and ease in some pilates soon. Also, I have a whirlpool bath tub and would really like to use it -- not a public one. No, I don't have any open sores. I guess I'll get in touch with doc to see if it's okay. It's the hot water I'm wondering about. Thanks all. I wish you a quick and satisfying recovery. :)
Bp8, I'm 8 weeks post-op and my pubic mons is still uncomfortable. As the day goes on, slight swelling occurs. I would not describe it as pain....just mild discomfort. For me, it's the slowest area to get back to normal. I wore my binder for 6+ weeks and some days I still think it would feel good but the weather has turned warm so I hardly ever put it on now. Good luck and keep us updated!
I am 6 weeks post op, also. I was swelling in my pubic area for the first 4 weeks, but it can happen for longer. It does that because the swelling gravitates around the incision and the pubic area is just below that. Gravity pulls it down. Do check with your surgeon just to make sure though. Walking is the best exercise right now and maybe some light hand weights. Each doctor has a different thought on how much activity you should do. I do an intense kickboxing workout but have to wait at least 8 weeks post surgery for that, but I could start walking all I wanted around 5 weeks. If you have any open incisions stay away from the hot tub. Confirm with your surgeon before you go in one. I would keep wearing your binder to help with swelling. Again, every doctor has their opinion on it. I still wear one 24/7 and change them out for clean ones each day. Good luck, listen to your body, remember everyone heals differently. You are going to love what you see!
I believe that it is very hard to compare your recovery with someone elses after major surgery. I had my tummy tuck (with lipo, drains, etc)6 weeks ago too. And although I started exercising a week ago, I was very active prior to surgery and was desperate to get back into it. Lister to your body, eat well, drink plenty of water and gently ease yourself back into an exercise routine. As an aside, I did asked my surgeon if I could do myself "any damage" at this stage and he said "no". Maybe you should seek some reassurance from your surgeon as well to make sure he is happy with you embarking on an exercise programme. Good luck and it will get better.