6 Months Later - Worth It - Irvine, CA

I had Cosmelan 6 months ago for premature...

I had Cosmelan 6 months ago for premature pigmentation due to lots of sun exposure and taking birth control for years. I tried IPL and microderm and nothing seemed to work so my dermatologist recommended Cosmelan.

When I had it done i told the doctor I have work the following day (Saturday) and he said there is "no down time". Right! I was instructed to leave the mask on for 12 hours and I washed it off and went to bed around midnight. The next morning I freaked out when I looked in the mirror. My face was lobster red and very tight. I had to call out sick from work for the next week! I peeled a lot the second and third days and after about 9 or 10 days the peeling stopped. My skin looked fresh and even-toned but that didn't last very long. After the peeling stopped I began applying the new Cosmelan 2 and very slowly saw lasting results. I even called a doctor in Beverly Hills who still had some of the old C2 and had him ship it to me.

But all in all, my main spots have lightened about 50% - 60% so I am somewhat satisfied. It just takes a lot of patience and consistency in applying the C2.

Hi; Are the results still on ? And how long does one have to use the maintenance creams for?
I have tried the jessner peel, mixture of jessner and tca peel and I still have my melasma. I have heard some downfall effects from laser, because my skin is olive, asian, I do not want to try it. Heard great reviews on cosmelan. It's expensive, but I am willing to pay the price. Anyone with same skin color and in their late 30's with great results? Thanks