22yr Old Lovin SMART LIPO!

My name is Jesi and im 22 yrs old. In December...

My name is Jesi and im 22 yrs old. In December 2007 i moved home from colorado- i had gained about 20-30 lbs quickly after highschool from not eating right, no excersise, and drinking with my gal friends alot ;) so i decided to move to colorado and play volleyball in college- i was great in highschool and knew i could get a scholarship at a JUCO if i pursued some schools. This way i could lose the lbs i gained, get in shape, make some new friends, and live in a pretty state for a bit! well unfortunately i ended up very unhappy, made some great gal friends but still didnt take care of my body the way i should and resorted to emotional eating to deal with my problems- so hear i am now 50lbs heavier since highschool and feeling awfully bad about myself- my confidence was shot- the athlete that i used to be was now disguised with a body that i hated that i didnt feel comfortable in one bit....so i moved home.

i moved home to where my family and friends were- got a job and started a diet and workout regimen that same month- I lost 35 lbs pretty easily- well it wasnt EASY but my body sure was glad i did it. I knew i still had a few more unwanted pounds to shed but it seemed like no matter what i ate, how far i ran, or how much i lifted i couldnt get certain problem areas to budge.

After battling these buldges for a couple months, i started to look into smart lipo- a friend at work had told me about it so i began to research. I actually looked at most of my before and after pics here, on realself.com. I talked ot my parents, got them on board, found a surgeon, booked a consult- and BAM they sold me.

On September 26th 2009 i had my abdomen upper and lower, my love handles, and my breats done. Breats are usually done on men when it comes to smart lipo but there are many surgeons out there who do women as well- my boobs were in my way- they flopped when i worked out- they grew when i gained all the weight and big boobs were never something that i wanted! The doctor was confident he could bring them down a couple cup sizes.

The Procedure was kind of fun actually- i was awake the whole time- there were a few times that it began to hurt but my surgeon talked me through it- we even sang songs together to keep my mind off of the pain....he had a really good voice!! I did get a little nauseated when they did my belly button area- but again he did everything he could to make me feel better!

I was very swollen the day after- VERY SWOLLEN- especially my chest- i barely bruised on my stomach or love handles- my boobs got pretty black and blue:( But ya know its been 4 weeks now- and im very pleased with everything so far- my stomach looks better then it has in years- my back fat is def. smaller. I feel so much more comfortable in my jeans- no back fat, no buldge....its boosted my self confidence alot- especially when im out hanging with my friends!

Ive had to be patient with my chest- every body part heals differently- i massage all the areas with the ultra sound massager you can buy at the office- its expensive but i think its worth it if youre ready to get rid of the lumps- which i have- but heard are only temprary and the ultra sound machine is suppost to be the best way to break those silly things up! So all in all it was a positive experience- they keep telling me to be patient because the final results dont happen quickly- it can take up to 8 months to see what your body is going to look like once its done contouring...

So anyways i hope this is helpful to those of you out there looking into SmartLipo- heres some pictures below to give you an idea of my progress!! GOOD LUCK GIRL AND BOYS!

Glad i did this thats for sure!

Glad i did this thats for sure!

Dr. Subramani out of Cape

If u were asking me, my experience with smartlipo was not good and it's a huge regret! I have since had a tummy tuck and lipo to correct the damage Dr. Subramani did. Hope you are doing well.
Hey there, I'm just wondering how those lumps are resolving now that it's been over a year. Thanks!
I had a tummy tuck and lipo on abd., thighs (back and outter thigh) and also some of my back. I'm having a lot of knots, small ones and some that look like muscles bulging in my back. Also, after my tummy tuck should it look stretched toward my incision or did he take too much. Im almost 5 wks post op.
if youre only 5 weeks post op- the knots are totally normal- im over 6 months post op and i still have knots- so everntually theyll go away- but not for a little while unfortunately- i dont know much about tummy tucks- id ask your doctor about the incision thing- good luck!
I was just curious whether or not you also had a tummy tuck or if you got such good results with just lipo?
nope just did the smart lipo- a week ago i did end up having my sides touched up- once they had healed there was a difference in the size that atleast i could notice- he checked it out and touched it up for me which was very nice- but i am def pleased with the results- are you from the MO area and thinking about going to dr subramani?

hello you look great!!!

Wow you look really great. So happy for you. I'm also happy with my results although I still have some lumps (very little) i would like to get rid of. It's been 8 months since I had smartlipo. If possible I would like to know which and where i can get the ultrasound massager your surgeon gave you. My surgeon told me to massage the lumps but after 8 months of manual massaging it gets really tiring. It would be great if I can use the ultrasound massager.
sorry it took so long to get back to you- i actually got the ultrasound massager through the doctors office- they sold them right there where i have my appointments- if your office doesnt im sure theyd have a place in mind that you could get them
Jesi: Hi there. Thanks for the info. I called the office this past week and they phoned in Lasix for me for 5 days and it really helped with that swelling problem a lot. All of my bruising is now gone. I'm 2 weeks post-op, but I have a long knot area on my upper abdomen and a lot of lumps and knotting on my lower abdomen too. I guess that's just part of it. I bought a heated massager that I started using today so I'm hoping after using it for a while each day this will help. I will post some pics here shortly. I am 42 and my tummy was a lot bigger than yours. I gained a bunch of weight back a few years ago, about 30 pounds and then lost 32 pounds in about 2 months. I guess I gained and lost too fast and my stomach never recovered. It left me with a flapover lower tummy that I just couldn't handle anymore. lol. Anyway, I had a total hysterectomy on Sept. 9th and after that I knew I def. wanted to do something about my out of control stomach so here we are..... I'm very pleased with the results so far. I know I'm not even close to seeing what the final results will be, but I'm very pleased already. Thanks for keeping me posted. I'll do the same. Take care.
Jesi: It's Ronda again. I had my upper/lower abs and love handles done with Dr. Subramani on 11/14/09. Today is one week post-op. I'm pretty flat in the mornings but I swell up as the day progresses. I have dark purple bruising on my lower ab and sides. My stomach is still very numb and feels funny. How long does this last? thanks.
well ronda im gonna tell ya something- i had my arms done and i didnt get rid of that numb tingly feeling for till about 8 weeks down- i know what feeling youre talking about tho- like u have an itch and you feel the itch but when u go to scratch it you cant feel yourself scratching it really- its an odd feeling i know- my stomach was prolly like that for a couple couple weeks- it was prolly about 4 weeks when that started going away- i bruise on my sides a bit- not much on my stomach part- but give that a couple weeks and you should be fine- lumkps start to come at about 3 weeks and its been 9 weeks now for me and i still have lumps on my sides and stomach but with time im confident that theyll go away! hope this helps! post some pics!! -jesi
oh and ps i woke up flatter and swelled as the day went on too- i still do that- some of its prolly days that i drink alot of water- but thats normal too
Looks good. How long did u wear the compression garment for, did you massage for the lumps? I have uneven lumps around my belly area, did you?
i wore it for 2 weeks- thats how long they told me to wear it and i would not have been able to wear that thing for another day- that was def a frustrating part of the recovery process- i just thought it was very uncomfortable and it made me hot- but i knew it was important so i wore it the eloted time they told me to. i bought the hand held ultra sound massager for the lumps- its suppost to cut the recovery of those things in half apparently- so i do that pretty much every day- but yes its been 6 week and i def def def still have lumps- i stay away from being discouraged- i just stay hopeful that as my body has more and more time ill see those lumps go and my results will look even better
how is the recovery process? how long were you down before you could resume everyday activities-work school, etc. my situation is very similar to yours. i work out and eat healthy but my weight doesnt budge and i am most self concious about my belly and will not get in a bathing suit with this thing! thanks! and good luck
looking good...do you know how much fat or cc's was removed and how many hours did your procedure take?
Ya know I was on ativan, and little out of it so I never even asked how many cc's they took! I wanted to too! I do know they emptied the fat canister atleast once- so I'm pretty for my sides and back they filled about one and a half to two canisters. My chest they filled up about half way I believe! The procedure took about 3 hours- 4 total if u count the first hour where I was taking before pics, filling out paper work and talking with the doctor!