230 Pounds, Water & Smart Lipo Combined on Arms, Tummy, Love Handles; Unpleasant Experience - Schaumburg, IL

To keep this brief and to the point, I am 5’4,...

To keep this brief and to the point, I am 5’4, 230 pounds and decided to have the smart lipo combine with water lipo on my arms, tummy and love handles. It was recommended that I have the tummy tuck by three other surgeons. However, I decided against the tummy tuck due to recovery times and other personal reasons.

I met with Mir Jafer Joffrey, and pictures were shown to me that had my body types. Although, a few of these patients results were noticeable and shown signs of improvements, I personally thought, my results would be similar or at least shown signs of improvements. I knew I wouldn’t have a tummy tuck outcome, but overall looking better in my cloths. It is two month later and I see very little signs of improvements.

I would highly suggest someone my size and weight try to lose as much weight as possible if you decide to do the lipo. Dis honest surgeons are not going to tell you the total truth. The truth is that, even after the fat is removed, you still have to work out to the MAX to see the overall body contouring.

It is two month later and I am still sore, the procedure, I am assume went well, I am still alive, but the healing process feel like forever.

I am not sure if it is worth it, because I still have to push hard in my work out regime to see the full results, in which I probably could have done with out the lipo and just work out hard anyway to lose the fat. In any case, I am still pushing myself to lose the fat or more fat!
Mir Jafer Joffrey

After recently having a baby 8 months ago, I stayed in the hospital for 2 days. The service was excellent. The entire staff was wonderful! Can I say the same about ChicagoLipo.com Lift Laser & Body Center? No, I am schocked and surprised! I had my procedure late in the evening and I was placed under general anaesthetic, I remembered waking up, leaving the surgey room and being pushed in a wheel chair into a smaller room and being advised to put on my clothes. I don’t think I had any recovery times. I thought I should recover for at least an hour, but I felt I was rushed and pushed out the door, as it was late in the evening, close to 8pm. I feel the staff was rushing trying to get home. When I awaked from the procedure Dr. Mir Jafer Joffrey had already left the building. I personally thought that was very unprofessional, given he wasn’t there to see if I fully recovered. After about 2 days or so from the procedure, I did receive two follow up phone calls from staff members to inquire about how I was doing. However, I was never asked to schedule a follow up appointment. (I not sure, if they even do follow up appointments). But, I called a few days later to requests photos that taken of me on the day of the procedure (in which I never received), I then inquire about a follow up appointment. An appointment date was set, but I neglected to even attend the appointment because of the bad service and overall embarrassment of the total outcome of this procedure. It is so shocking that these medical professionals would provide such service. They could care less about a follow up appoitment because they knew results were not going to be noticable. I am more so disappointed in the customer services then in then the overall outcome procedure. FYI -I still get calls from the hospital were I had my baby. They call to check and see how baby and I are doing. Now that is the excellent aftercare and follow that I would like to have seen with these medical professionals.

we are the exact same weight and height. i wanted smart lipo at one point im glad i didnt and opted for traditional lipo its a much harder recover tho
I didn't have surgery with him I just had a consultation I have another Dr in Georgia. Dr Joffery I think is a bunch of lies
Mel1998, I'm so sorry about this. I've never heard of a doctor leaving the building after surgery before discharging the patient. I thought they had to make sure that the patient was above an 8 on the aldrete scoring system after general anesthesia. Wow. Thank you for sharing with others.
Thanks so much for reading! I am so glad you shared that information with me. I knew there were some sort of protocol, but now I know. Totally unprofessional!
Im so sorry to hear that. I meet with him last year for a tummy tuck and lipo to my thighs and in my consultation he seemed very nice and told me he would give me the results Im looking for and the price would be 15, 000 so when I called earlier thus year I was told that Dr. Joffery doesn't do the tummy tucks it was another Dr. and they didn't know wht I was told that so I found a Dr in Georgia. Good luck
Now, that is funny, because he indicated that if I wanted a tummy tuck, he would do it. SMH! Good luck with your procedure!
I found another Dr in Georgia so I'm going with her I'll post pic later this week
I hope that your journey to the body you want is successful. Good luck one more time. Let us know how it goes for you.
Thanks so much for sharing your story on RealSelf.  I'm sorry you didn't get the results you were expecting.  You are smart to focus on working out and a healthy lifestyle.  Keep us posted on your weight loss journey and on your continued healing!
Thanks so much for your kind words! I will keep you posted!
You can only take out a certain amount of fat with lipo...everyone knows that
Really? No,everyone don't know that. But thanks so much for adding that information to the thread.
Sorry not being offensive towards you but the Dr did that to get your money I've researched lipo 3 yrs now and there's always a statement that says it's not a weight loss management tool you look at is a body sculpting tool for a problem area. You would have to go multiple times for a very large volume of fat I hate he put you through that for basically nothing he needs to be reported
Hi Mel1998. I can see how you would have believed a doctor who shows you photos; we are taught to trust doctors. Again, I'm so sorry. There's so much that I feel that women don't know before getting liposuction. From what I can see, client/patients think that doing "research" means learning about the doctor, rather than the long-term effects and dangers of the procedures. The doctors can use online reputation management; they show photos they want, cropped how they want, lit how they want, possibly a short-time after surgery (during the honeymoon period that some women have). The photos that are shown don't show long-term cosmetic and health effects; it seems to me that plastic surgeons and doctors who make a living doing liposuction don't want the truth out there. It seems to me that client/patients who post their own short-term photos don't know the long-term truth either. Look how many women go in for round 2, 3, and 4 if their fat comes back to untreated areas of their body in ways they don't like. Liposuction, no matter under what name, sucks out fat, and has biological consequences. I think it would be helpful for women to know that before they make their decisions.
I read that as well. Something to the tune of 4cc's?? Not sure, however ... still unfortunate. Research is very key or doctors will say what you want to hear. Wish you the best Mel
Good luck.