Doctor Community Recognition
Through routine participation, whether it's sharing photos or articles, answering questions, or encouraging their patients to post recommendations and reviews - doctors are making a difference in the RealSelf community.
We appreciate the time and expertise they share and want to offer our most active and highly-rated members a way to be recognized throughout RealSelf.
What do the Doctor Community recognition levels mean?
- Participating Members have activated their profile in the Realself community by contributing their expertise to the RealSelf Q&A forum.
- Distinguished Members have established their professional presence on RealSelf through positive patient reviews and by answering at least 50 consumer questions.
- RealSelf Top Doctor (TOP) status is awarded to less than 10% of the RealSelf doctor community. This status is earned by achieving high patient satisfaction (as reported in RealSelf reviews), getting favorable feedback on their expert answers, and after investing significant time in Q&A and other doctor activity. Minimum Contribution Standards* must be met to be eligible for this status.
- RealSelf Top Doctors are eligible for annual RealSelf Top Doctor awards
*Minimum Contribution Standards (MCS) include:
- 75 minimum answers overall
- 10 minimum answers every 90 days.
- 3 minimum patient reviews
- High ratio of "helpful votes" to answered questions
Does sponsorship of Dr. Spotlights affect doctor recognition on RealSelf?
Dr. Spotlight does NOT affect doctor recognition or the RealSelf Top Doctor status. Dr. Spotlight is simply a sponsorship opportunity for doctors within the RealSelf community to promote their profiles to the consumers who are researching treatments or procedures they offer within their local area.
If you are a RealSelf Doctor Community Member who wishes to learn more about Dr. Spotlight, click here.
We reserve the right to modify these guidelines at any time without notification.