Can Zygomatic Arch Erosion Occur After an Endoscopic Midface Lift?

A midface lift 8 mo ago caused long term (> 6 mo) swelling of the left temple and cheek followed by wasting of the deep temporal fat pad and the appearance of a depression over the zygomatic arch which feels like it extends into bone and aches deeply. Is bone erosion possible and is it permanent?

Facelift

+1

Sounds like you have had fat wasting from the surgery in that area. Boney erosion is unlikely, I suggest following up with your surgeon to discuss your concerns

Complication after Endoscopic Midface Lift

+1

The depressions and contour issues can be improved with fillers or your own fat. But first you should get a consultation to determine the cause of your loss. Your complaint of pain bothers me; this is not an emergency, but have this evaluated in the near future.

Endoscopic midface lift and bone erosion.

+1

You need to get a second opinion as to what is going on with xrays or ultra sound of the area. You should not have the problems you describe.

Temporal wasting after endoscopic mic-face lift

+1

From your description, it seems as though the temporalis muscle has shrunk (atrophied) following this procedure.  After 8 months, I doubt that you will see any changes. While my colleague aboves like to use Sculptra to correct this, I prefer injections of your own fat to treat problems like this.

Bruce Genter, MD
Abington Plastic Surgeon

This is something you need to discuss with the operating surgeon

+1

Typically a loss of volume after 8 mo. will not correct on its own.

We have used Sculptra aesthetic to correct voluming losses like this to good effect.

It must be not injected into the lower lid and kept in the temporal area and cheek.

For some reason it appears to last longer than in the usual circumstances.

Nathan Mayl, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon