Is Zumba Good for People with Liposuction on Their Legs?

I have been told by people that Zumba is not a good exercise for people with lipo on their legs. That the jumping is not good for the skin. People who have had lipo before have been adviced to do strengh training instead or Pilates. Is this true?

Zumba Exercise and Liposuction?

+1

Thank you for your question. A diversity of exercise is good. Strength training and aerobic should be done each week at least 5-6 times each. This will build both aspects and improve. 3 times a week just maintains your level of fitness. This must be combined with a healthy diet focusing on a balanced approach, and not an extreme diet in any direction. A good rule to follow is 50% complex carbs, 30% fat, 20% protein, and avoid red meat, focus on fish and chicken, turkey, whole grains, legumes I hope this helps.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Exercise and Liposuction -- Los Angeles

+1

Zumba is an excellent exercise regimen after liposuction and can help tone results. Raffy Karamanoukian Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Zumba and Liposuction and Skin Effects

+1

As long as you have healed from the liposuction, exercise is appropriate.  As a bodybuilder I am pretty well informed on a wide variety of exercises, and I am not sure that any one exercise is better or worse than the other for skin laxity.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA