Zoom Vs Home Teeth Whitening System?

I need to get Teeth whitening done. But I am confused about the home teeth whitening (bleaching ) treatment and the Zoom treatment.

1. Is the Zoom treatment more effective? Makes teeth more whiter? Is it worth the extra money that you pay over a home whitening?
  2. A lot of reviews say that it is painful and the effect goes after 2-3 months. How true is that ?

Zoom is not effective

+1

We have found Zoom to be a waste of time.  The results are never what we would like to see.  Tray whitening is THE most effective method of whitening.

Houston Cosmetic Dentist

Custom trays worn at home are the best!

+1

Teeth whitening can not be completed in one office visit.  For this reason, custom trays worn at home are the best way to whiten your teeth.  Whitening teeth depends only upon the strength of whitening gel used, and the time it is on your teeth.  The custom trays with a strong whitening gel, work well, are cost effective, and safe.

Kimberly Johnson Genc, DDS
Newport Beach Cosmetic Dentist

Zoom Teeth Whitening vs Tray Teeth Whitening

+1

I have the Zoom system and have yet to see Zoom treatment that was effective without additional home tray wear.  In addition the sensitivity with Zoom can be extreme.

Tray wear works and works well but you have to be disciplined enough to wear the trays for about 2 weeks.

Tim Huckabee, DDS
Southlake Cosmetic Dentist

Both can be used

+1

Zoom is faster than trays, but I always recommend both for a better result. Zoom just reduces the amount of time you need to wear the trays. Trays alone will take weeks. All teeth whitening can be a bit painful which is temporary. If you want a nose job, then you expect the nose to be sore after the procedure. White teeth come with a price: temporary tooth sensitivity! The result is worth it, trust me!

Michael J. Thomas, DDS
Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist