Do You Think Zerona Would Work or Should I Do Real Lipo on Tummy??

I am 45, 5'7", 132 lbs. and I have had a child. I have very weak abdominal muscles. I went for a Zerona consultation and they said I would have to exercise for 45 mins per day and give up alcohol and coffee for a month, drink tons of water-all these things would help anyway-so I wonder if Zerona really works? Also they said the fat would come out through digestive tract? How is that possible?! I only have $2400 to spend ( $200 per month). Is it possible to fix my problem for this amt. w/ lipo?

+2

Just look here on REALSELF.com ONLY 38% have a positive result from Zerona! Sure the fat goes out your digestive tract while your $2400 goes into theirs, LOL. See a boarded PS to have lipo of your abdomen. Unfortunately $2400 a bit on the low end but save up another $1,000. And while saving, start on your own diet, exercise program and you might see a change "all by yourself". Be careful out there.

Liposuction Zeltiq Zerona or tummy tuck

+1

Finances always have to be considered, but don't choose a lesser treatment because it fits into your budget.  You would need a consultation to determine if the laxity of your muscles needs a tummy tuck.  If you would benefit from this procedure, then liposuction would not be enough to give you the flattest tummy.  If you don't need a tummy tuck, an abdominoplasty, then you might do very well with liposuction.  I doubt that Zeltiq CoolSculpting can give you as good a result as liposuction and Zerona is questionable, only because it has existed for a few years more than Zeltiq and I haven't heard much about its success, but I have no personal experience with this device, only liposuction and Zeltiq.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Liposuction will give you a better result than zerona in your case.

+1

Liposuction will give a dramatic result that can be lasting whereas zerona will give a so-so result that is temporary.  Save up your money since you will need about $4500-5500 for the liposuction even on special but it will be so worth it.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Zerona or Liposuction

+1

I have significant experience with both. Fat reduction by Liposuction is more complete and is permanent, though you still can gain some back, but not at the same rate as the rest of your body. For someone who does not want surgery, or wants to treat multiple areas less expensively, Zerona is an excellent option. It does work when done by a technologist who is well trained. You can gain the fat back at the same rate as you would have before the procedure, but most people do not. This is probably because of resetting your brain’s assessment of how much you need to eat. From your picture, you may have some significant fat below the muscle where neither Liposuction nor Zerona will be effective. If this is the case, you need a dietary modification. Once you have lost this internal fat, you can reassess your external problem.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction, tummy tuck

+1
I have not been impressed with the results of zerona. You budget will limit your ability to have a surgical procedure. One option would be cool sculpting by Zeltiq. It freezes the fat and gives you a 20-25 percent reduction in the treated area.

David L. Abramson, MD

Zerona treatment vs liposuction

+1

Both Zerona treatment and liposuction can reduce circumferential fat around the abdomen.  Of the two liposuction will probably be somewhat more effective, however it is an invasive surgery and is more expensive and carries somewhat higher risks.  Neither of these procedures will be as effective as a tummy tuck, which would not only address the subcutaneous fat but would also tighten the abdominal muscles and skin which has been stretched from the pregnancy.  As you might expect, the larger, more invasive and more expensive the procedure, the more effective it will be.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Zerona versus Liposuction

+1

Dear 45yearoldtummy,

I am concerned that you may be disappointed with the results from Zerona. Your best bet is to save a little bit more for liposuction. In the meantime, eating a little bit less and exercising more may allow you to lose the tummy fat on your own.

Warmest wishes,

Larry Fan, MD

Larry Fan, MD

Zerona is probably a waste of money

+1

The Zerona laser system for body contouring cannot do what liposuction does. While they have good data to show that if you complete the series of treatments, and exercise, diet, and take their special supplements you can lose inches, the interesting thing is that the reduction isn't limited to the areas treated with the laser. Since the laser they use doesn't really penetrate the skin anyway, I think it is reasonable to conclude that whatever effect is being achieved has little if anything to do with the laser. These are of course all things you can do on your own. Liposuction will be for precise reduction of areas that don't respond.

Richard Baxter, MD

Zerona or real liposuction

+1

I'm with you. With exercise for 45 min. daily, no alcohol and good hydration, what is the Zerona for? Why don't you have a go if it on your own, and consider liposuction if things don't work out.

peterejohnsonmd

You will not be happy the result

+1
You better off to spend the $2400 on a personal trainer than liposuction or Zerona. Liposuction will give good result but it will cost you much more and I would suggest that you try to lose your abdominal fat by exercise and diet first. If no response, then lipo is the next step.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon