Zerona Vs. Slim Lipo for C-section Pouch?

I swore to myself i'd never do it, BUT here i am considering it! I've been looking pretty hard into Zerona and Slim Lipo, but i wanted to get others opinions on which one would benefit me the most. i have a pouch from my c section.. Granted, i am a very small girl and he was a VERY big baby (pre-preggo stats: 5'5, 119lbs.. and gave birth to an 8.5lb boy via c-section) I've uploaded some pix so that you can see exactly what i'm talking about, and im hoping you can share your insight. Please & thanks! :)

Forget Zerona and Slim Lipo and Go for the Tummy Tuck

+2

Your photographs most likely indicate that both of these procedures by themselves will not correct your concerns. You need a tummy tuck of one sort or another and some conventional liposuction (they all work well in this area) of the upper abdomen for the best results.

Zerona or slimlipo for C-section pouch

+1

Zerona won't help your pouch.  Laser liposuction can produce skin tightening but not enough to recreate the "pre-baby" state.  The best repair is a tummy tuck.  If you are planning on having more children in the near future, laser liposuction may have a role in a temporary, partial improvement.  I use Smartlipo. 

Daryl K. Hoffman, MD
Los Gatos Plastic Surgeon

Neither technique will give you a good result long term, but the answer is easy

+1

You have a good basic figure and great proportions.

Your problem is the large size of your baby and the  skins inability to contract back to a smooth contour.

We have used both techniques;

• Zerona was never effective for loss of elasticity
  • Various laser techniques we have used have not LONG TERM been effective.

However you would do great with a combination of any style of lipo, but must have a mini-tummy tuck at the same time.  It is a simple procedure and uses the scar from your c-section.  It allows the extra skin to be removed as well as contouring about the umbilicus. we do this regularly as a part of our "Mommy Makeovers".

We have been consistently disappointed with any form of skin shrinkage long term in patients who have as much loss of elasticity as your photo shows.

Nathan Mayl, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Zerona vs. Slim Lipo for c-section pouch

+1

Your choices do not help your issue from the photo posted. BTW thanks for posting. The Zerona is a waste of time and $, I speak from personal experience. I did the Zerona on myself and 2 of my staff - a joke!

While Slim Lipo is a form of laser lipolysis, the best in my opinion is SmartLipo, that melts the fats and 'helps tighten' the skin. BUT from your photo you have TOO MUCH irregular hanging skin to be a candidate for laser lipolysis. Again in my opinion, as a Clinical Instructor for SmartLipo.

I feel a mini of full tummy tuck is the correct choice for you.

From MIAMI