Does Zerona Laser Work for Men?

Zerona can be used for men and women

+1

Zerona works both for men and women.  Zerona is a painless, low-level energy laser that can achieve a circumferential reduction in fat in the waist, hips and upper arms in some patients.  I recommend that you consult with a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon for an in-person evaluation to determine which fat-removal treatment option would be best for you.

Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

Zerona Laser: Men vs Women

+1

Zerona treatments are the same for men and women and work (or do not work) the same  in both sexes. Our office has not had a positive experience and my advice to you is to save your money for liposuction which works on everyone.

Zerona is a generalized “whole body” slimming non-invasive low level laser treatment coupled with oral medications, daily minimal water intake requirements. It  uses photochemical rather than a thermal or ultrasonic mechanisms  to alter the fat cell by making the fat cell membrane more permeable - letting fat out that is absorbed by the body. The company aggressively markets to many medical specialties as a medical breakthrough that works dramatically on most patients. This was not our experience.

According to Zerona, after 6 treatments and 2 weeks, the majority of patients will realize between 3-9 inches of generalized slimming, rather than localized fat reduction in a specific spot. Although FDA approved at this time and favorable controlled studies have been done it is our office experience that this technique was not efficacious. We first tried it on 6 members of our office staff, including myself and one of our patients who is a professional blogger (you can look up her experience on "tweentyfouratheart. com. There were no significant changes despite following all directions faithfully.  We have stopped offering this treatment and have returned our machine.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Zerona will work for both men and women seeking body contouring.

+1

Zerona is low level laser therapy which is applied externally with repetitive sessions. It will work for men as well as women, though women will seek this treatment more commonly than men. It does offer an alternative to other more invasive procedures and can deliver a nice result.

Dr. Trussler

Andrew P. Trussler, MD

Zerona works for men

+1

Zerona works on men and women. It works by making the fat cell membranes "leaky". It doesn't matter whether the fat is in a man or a woman. Zerona is a low level laser that treats subcutaneous fat. I use it in my Palo Alto office and have had very good results with men and women.

Daryl K. Hoffman, MD
Los Gatos Plastic Surgeon