Can Zerona Laser Reshape Thigh and Legs?

Can it firm-up that area too? How much it will cost if for the legs and thigh only?

Zerona Laser; Will it Firm-up Treated Areas, and What is the Cost?

+2

Hi Josie,

I have not heard that Zerona "firms' areas. The claims are that "inches" are lost by the laser creating pores in fat cells. The technology is still rather new.

In the Los Angeles area you can call Mark Rubin, MD (Beverly Hills) to find out more, as well as the cost for legs and thighs.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Zerona laser and reshaping areas

+1

Zerona is a painless, low-level energy laser that can achieve a circumferential reduction in fat in some patients.  Zerona does not tighten skin and is currently FDA-cleared to treat the waist, hips and upper arms.

Joshua L. Fox, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

Zerona- Minimal Results at Best

+1

Hi Josie-

What we know thus far, is that in the best cases,  Zerona patients see minimal improvement. However, this is not consistent as often times, there's little to no results. Zerona and other similar non-invasive treatments have only recently been FDA-approved, meaning they are still in data collecting phase. We still don't really know how effective they are or how long results will last. In my opinion, I'd hold off on any of these treatments until there are more concrete studies with consistent results.

Brad Herman, MD

Reshaping Specific Areas (thighs) with Zerona

+1

Zerona is designed for generalized fat removal and not for "firming up" which would rely on your inherent elasticity of your skin. As it is a generalized treatment it is not directed at any one specific area. In general it ranges from $2500-$3000 in Orange County California but I suspect the cost will go down significantly as more doctors offer it and there is more competition.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Zerona for your Thighs

+1

ZERONA® is an FDA cleared alternative to liposuction, which reduces inches with no pain, no surgery and no downtime. Patients are losing between 3.6 to 5.5 inches and many are seeing even greater results when combined with a sensible diet and exercise program.

It's the perfect way to lose stubborn body fat from: neck, love handles, arms, hips, back/bra‚Äźline, thighs, tummy/waistline and knees in this fast pace world we live in. After just six 40 minute treatments you will see inches melt away. And best of all there is no recovery or downtime so you can resume all your normal activities immediately after each treatment.

Michelle Copeland, MD, DMD

Cavitational Ultrasound Technology offers greater clinical promise for non-invasive body sculpting

+1

Zerona is based on low-energy laser fat emulsification. Unfortunately, the clinical results have been quite modest at best as the energy of the laser is not strong enough to bring about clinically meaningful reduction of adipose tissue. Much better results are achieved via new generation of ultrasound cavitation based technology, e.g. Vaser Shape, Liposonix, Ultraphase. I have been thoroughly impressed with my first-hand clinical experience with Vaser Shape MC1 which on average, one inch reduction of circumference may be seen immediately after the first treatment session.

William Ting, MD
Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon