Will Zerona Help with Cellulite?

I am wanting to smooth out my cellulite. will Zerona help? what are the side effects?

Multimodal therapy works best for treatment of cellulite

+2

In my practice I have found that the only way to improve cellulite is to attack it with several different noninvasive technologies to contract and smooth at  different depths.  I call it Maercks Multimodal Therapy or MMT.  I have never seen any one technology have an impressive effect on its own.

Rian A. Maercks M.D.

Cellulaze Best for Cellulite Reduction

+1
Thank you for your question. I would suggest Cellulaze to reduce your cellulite. Cellulaze is the only minimally invasive laser procedure designed to attack the structure of cellulite beneath your skin. Cellulaze is backed by many years of clinical research. Studies have shown it increases the thickness of your skin by 25% and the elasticity of your skin by 29%—significant claims that haven't been made by any other treatments. Thicker and more elastic skin can help flatten and smooth the skin surface to improve the appearance of cellulite. In addition, 93% of patients surveyed were satisfied or very satisfied with their results at one year post their procedure, and all would recommend the Cellulaze cellulite laser treatment to a friend.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Cellulite Reduction - The holy grail (Zerona is not the answer)

+1

No Zerona will not help with Cellulite. The purpose of Zerona is to reduce the amount of fat in a generalized fashion but not to reduce cellulite,  firm up or tighten the skin. 

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Zerona may help - but the results will be short term

+1

We had the Zerona and eventually returned it.

In compliant patients we could get results while the treatments were ongoing.

However, some patients got minimal results.

Patients who changed their eating and lifestyle did get results which were long term.  However these patients were few.

It is a good way to "jump start" any program of diet and exercise.

Dr. Mayl

Fort Lauderdale

Nathan Mayl, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Zerona is not a treatment for cellulite!

+1

Cellulite remains a highly frustrating problem for women of all shapes, sizes and age. Temporary improvements are possible with devices such as Velashape and SmoothShapes and are currently the best options. The challenge is that our patients want better results that last longer than these devices can consistently deliver. A new device, Cellulaze may be a big step forward but this has not yet received FDA approval. It should be available very soon.  The device will involve placing a laser device under the skin to modify fat and the supportive fibers that influence cellulite. Some form of anesthesia (local only may be adequate) will be required and the treatment(s) will not be inexpensive. Stay tuned! 

For patients that are leading a healthy lifestyle and want improvement now,  you should try one of the above mentioned available  treatments. We are all hoping that the newer treatments coming to market will live up to their early hype.

Dr. Mosher

Mathew C. Mosher, MD
Vancouver Plastic Surgeon

Zerona Will Not Help With Cellulite

+1

Hi Cellulite S,

Zerona will not help with your cellulite. The Cardura liquid supplement that you drink, along with exercise, and increased water intake alone is what most scientific oriented physicians believe is creating some affect in some patients. The laser is not strong enough to penetrate the skin, let alone affect the underlying fat tissue. The main and most painful side effect of Zerona will be $2000-$3000 less in your pocket. There are currently no great treatments for cellulite other than clothes. Accent XL helps a little in some patients.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Zerona help with cellulite

+1

Colleagues, you are correct. I tried the Zerona, personally, WHAT A JOKE!!! Minimal results if any for a large $ amount, Makes you think - WHAT NEXT?

From MIAMI Dr. B

Zerona and Cellulite

+1

I have yet to be convinced that zerona is truly effective for anything. Despite all you hear and read, there are currently no effective treatments for cellulite.

Not Much for Cellulite Yet

+1

I share Dr. Placik's skepticism. Until I see more than one fairly dubious paper, I remain unconvinced that it works more than the diet and fat losing advice that comes with the treatment. 

Arnold R. Oppenheim, MD
Virginia Beach Dermatologist

Zerona and cellulite

+1

The results after Zerona treatments are inconsistent. It is not possible to predict significant improvement in cellulite or body contour for that matter after Zerona treatments.

Burr Von Maur, MD