Should Zerona Be Done Before or After Tummy Tuck?

Zerona would be best before a tummy tuck if the added benefits are being considered.

+2

There are a couple of reasons where Zerona may be best before a tummy tuck. Zerona is a Low Level Laser Therapy that can assist with mobilizing fat and losing inches in a completely non-invasive manner. Prior to a tummy tuck I encourage all my patients to be leading an active lifestyle and to be near their ideal weight. This is the perfect time to try and accelerate fat loss with Zerona. The second issue is that after tummy tuck surgery the lymphatic and general circulation to the abdominal skin and fat layers is alterred and dimished until healing is complete. This transient change in local circulation to the abdomen combined with the less activity you will be capable of during recovery will compromise the benefits of Zerona. For more definitive managment of excess fat on the torso that will not respond to diet, exercise and non-surgical strategies, talk to your surgeon about liposuction at the time of your tummy tuck.

Dr. Mosher

Vancouver Plastic Surgeon

Zerona and Tummy Tuck

+1

Zerona is an excellent way to reduce generalized fat. If you have lost to a stable weight and wish to lose more fat before having a Tummy Tuck to remove your extra abdominal skin, then zerona is an excellent option, especially for the flanks, hips and thighs. It can also take off more fat from the abdomen so that less liposuction at the time of the tummy tuck is needed. This reduces the abdominoplasty risks. After a tummy tuck, if you still have areas of excess fat, Zerona can also be useful to blend everything to a smooth contour.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Zerona needs more evidence based data

+1

I would not recommend Zerona either before or after your tummy tuck because ther is not sufficien scientific, peer reviewed  evidence to show that it is effective.  That could change in the future, but do not be sold by the marketing claims currently available.

Mary Lee Peters, MD