Zeltiq on Abdomen and Flanks; Should I Lower My Calorie Intake?

I just got Zeltiq done on my lower abdomen and love handles. I was dieting and exercising normally before the procedure. Should I lower my calories after getting Zeltiq or stay on my same schedule? Thanks! Rosemarie

CoolSculpting - Getting the best results

A healthy lifestyle, including exercise and a healthy diet will certainly provide the best results with CoolSculpting.  

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

10941 Raven Ridge Rd
Raleigh, NC 27614

CoolSculpting Results

No supplements or pills are required and you do not have to adopt new diet and exercise habits. Many patients feel more motivated to take care of themselves after the CoolSculpting treatment, too. When you have your CoolSculpting treatment, the affected fat cells will be eliminated. As long as you maintain your weight with your normal diet and exercise, your long-term results should remain stable.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

5410 N. Scottsdale Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85253

Diet exercise fat reduction weight loss and Zeltiq CoolSculpting

As there is only 20% reduction of fat volume in one area after CoolSculpting, diet and exercise, although important for ones health, is not crucial if there was a small depot of fat.  If however there was a large accumulation of fat that was trying to be reduced over a few treatments, then diet and exericse helps because otherwise the same calories in and same energy used per day, may increase the fat stored in fat cells once it is reduced by non-surgical Zeltiq CoolSculpting or liposuction.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

317 East 34th St
New York, NY 10016

Dieting and Coolsculpting

The great thing about Coolsculpting is that you don't have to diet afterwards.  Keeping a healthy diet and exercise program will keep you at a stable weight, and overall more healthy but lowering your caloric intake after Coolsculpting is not necessary.

Best Wishes.

8851 Center Drive
San Diego, CA 91942