Will Zeltiq Help Me Lose Weight and Maintain Breast Volume?

I'm a 30 yr old female, 40-50 lbs overweight. I'm interested in Zeltiq, but I know it's not a method of weight loss. Five yrs ago, I was at my ideal weight and I'd like to be again. I'm trying to live a healthier lifestyle and become more fit. The only problem is that I'm somewhat vain, in that when I was at my ideal weight, my breasts were very small. Since I've gained weight, they are the perfect size and I really don't want to lose them. Is Zeltiq something that could help me at all?

Zeltiq CoolSculpting and Breast volume

+2

Using the Zeltiq CoolSculpting device to an area where you do want to lose fat, such as the abdomen, will have no affect on your breast volume so there is no worry about that issue. However, as you indicated CoolSculpting is not a technique for weight loss and the ideal candidate is the one who is between 10-15 pounds of their ideal body weight with localized bulges of fat that they would like to reduce. It is important for you to have a proper understanding of what can be reasonably accomplished with each session(s). CoolSculpting can be performed on the same area to achieve additional results but it can get to be expensive. Given the above, you have to decide whether you will be satisfied with what can be reasonably accomplished.

Long Island Dermatologist

Coolsculpting and breast volume.

+1
Coolsculpting is not a weight loss procedure. For optimal results you should be within a reasonable range from your long term stable weight. Some providers will indicate that is within 30 pounds of your target weight while some would indicate 20 pounds. You  may be able to find a weight where you maintain the volume in your breasts and still be a good candidate for coolsculpting. Consult with a board certified physician who offers both surgical and coolsculpting options to determine the best option for you.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

CoolSculpting Not For Weight Loss

+1
CoolSculpting is a great fat reducing treatment that is noninvasive and offers no downtime. It works best for people who are close to their ideal weight who have stubborn areas of fat despite diet and exercise. Although it will not affect your breast volume, it is not designed to be a weight loss treatment.

Steven H. Williams, MD

Zeltiq for weightloss

+1

As you stated, this procedure is not for weight loss and if you are 40-50 pounds overweight, this procedure may not give you what you are looking for.  It would reduce the area treated by 20-25% but would not reduce your weight by 50 pounds.

Best thing to do is to be healthy with your eating and exercise routine and once you are closer to your goal weight, Coolsculpting may be able to assist with the stubborn areas that may not reduce in size.

Best Wishes!

Zeltiq is not a weight loss measure

+1

however, zeltiq can be used to kickstart someone in to maintaining and keeping a healthy body shape.  usually surgery such as liposuction or breast reduction can get someone motivated to lose weight, and coolsculpting can be put in that category.  that being said, it is definitely not a way to lose weight per se.

Eric Chang, MD

Zeltiq for weight loss

+1

CoolSculpting for weight loss will not elminate 50 lbs. If you had a few sessions of Zeltiq, you might lose some volume but not the equivalent of 50 lbs. Even if there were some wonderful treatment that can do this, unless you change your diet and increase the calories burned per day via exercise, you will put the weight back on.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Using Coolsculpting to maintain volume

+1

Greetings~

Zeltiq Coolsculpting is really meant for people who are close to their goal/ideal weight.  As you already know it's not meant as a weight loss tool and if you are 40-50 pounds overweight it really wouldn't be effective to sculpt fat in unwanted areas.  Once you are closer to your goal weight Coolsculpting can help you with problem areas such as love handles, bra fat or abdomen.  Most importantly, don't sacrifice your health for vanity.  Do what's best for your body and your health. There are plenty of other options if you feel your breasts are too small once you reach your ideal weight.

Take care and be well~

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

Coolscultping will not cause weight loss

+1

Coolsculpting is not a weight loss procedure. It is a fat shaping procedure and works well to shape fat through a process of cryolipolysis. It does not cause and should not be used for weight loss or increase breast volume.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon