I Had Zeltiq Done 2 Wks Ago and I Am Uneven on One Side. What Should I Do?

The fold of the skin is gone from my stomach, on one side, but on the other side, the fat fold still remains.

Zeltiq Coolsculpting works great for the tummy

+3

Don't worry Josephinamina two weeks after treatment you probably haven't started to really see the results of your treatment yet.  One of the great things about  Zeltiq Coolsculpting that  we've seen is the smooth and even end results.  It's really not uncommon for you not to see results for 4-8 weeks and remember also that your treatment only effected about 20-25% of the fat cells in that area. It's good to plan on having 2-3 treatments in an area.

Hang in there!

Dr. Grant Stevens

Zeltiq Uneven

+1
At two weeks it is very common to have swelling.  This can definitely be asymmetrical.  Re-evaluate at 4 weeks.  You could retreat the more prominent area if you'd still like more volume reduction.

Web reference: http://www.hallplasticsurgery.com/coolsculpting-zeltiq-austin.html

Asymmetric Swelling Following CoolSculpting

+1

It’s not unusual for patients to experience swelling in the immediate post -operative period. In some cases, this swelling can be asymmetric and this may explain your unevenness.

It’s important to be patient and give your swelling time to resolve. It takes approximately 3-4 months following coolsculpting to see the final result.

Each coolsculpting session can decrease the amount of fat by 20-25%. In some cases, multiple sessions may be necessary and during these additional sessions asymmetry can be addressed. In the short term, exercise and massage may be helpful.

If you have anxiety about your asymmetry, don’t be afraid to discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon. Your surgeon should be able to reassure you and make this a more comfortable experience. 

Omaha Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting uneven after 2 weeks

+1

CoolSculpting can cause some initial swelling post treatment and the swelling can be unequal on each side. Swelling can take a few weeks to resolve Results from CoolSculpting normally are not apparent for 4-6 weeks post treatment. The unevenness should resolve over the next few months, and if it does not, you should consult your provider.

The effects of Zeltiq take two to four months

+1

It is too soon after Zeltiq to be concerned since the results take several months. You may have done swelling from the procedure or edema that is causing you to look uneven.  I would go back to the dermatologist who performed the procedure to ci firm this.

Uneven skin after Coolsculpting

+1

You may want to return to the plastic surgeon who did your treatment for possible massage techniques.  However, the results take 1-3 months to take effect and the area will most likely even out over time.

Web reference: http://marylandcosmeticsurgeryinc.com/coolsculpting/

Two weeks too early after CoolSculpting to see the results

+1

It takes time to develope the results after Zeltiq. At least four months to see 20% reduction. Initially there is swelling so it can take much time to see the improvement. Please schedule a followup appointment with your doctor to discuss. 

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com/zeltiq/index.html

Swelling can be uneven

+1

at two weeks, you may still have some swelling which may be uneven.  don't fret.  it is still quite early and you probably will not see final results until 2-3 months after your procedure.

Zeltiq - wait a few months before judging results

+1

Relax.  It is still too early to tell what your result will be.  Patients typically see noticeable results at 2 months and may experience continued improvement through 4 months.  Your quick response on one side is quite unusual, but wait for several months before making any judgments about symmetry.  

If, after several months, you notice that one side is noticeably larger, you may elect to repeat coolscupting on that side.  Alternatively, you could elect to have a more customizable treatment with liposuction/laser lipo.

Houston Dermatologist

Zeltiq treatmetns take 2-3 months to show their result.

+1

Based on the fact that you only had the treatment 2 weeks ago and that the process of fat crystallization and fat resorption takes 3-6 weeks, it is hard to understand how the treatment from 2 weeks ago can create unevenness. I would suggest you consult with the physician who supervised the treatment and share your concerns and review your pretreatment photographs. After two months together you can decide what the best next steps should be.

Web reference: http://www.casas.md/coolsculpting/