Zeltiq or Ulthera for Cheeks?

Hello everyone, I had been considering a buccal fat excision for a couple years, but because of my age (22) I decided against it. I do not have excess facial fat, but have always wanted a more sculpted look. I am wondering if I can decrease some of the fat in my cheeks through a non-invasive procedure like Zeltiq or Ulthera. Would something like this work for me?

Buccal Fat Pad Removal vs Ulthera and Zeltiq

+1

Hello JessDavis,

Buccal fat pad removal is a delicate procedure best fitting candidates with chubby cheeks that will not be prone to atrophy with age progression.

Ulthera is directed to minimize the laxity of the face whereas Zeltiq is a risky approach when dealing with facial fat.

If you are looking for permanent results to enhance your facial feature through facial contouring, I encourage you to seek a consultation with an extensively experienced surgeon who will provide you with the best advises so you will be making an informed decision.

Best of wishes.

Dr. Sajjadian

Zeltiq is not approved for the face

+1

Zeltiq or Coolsculpting is a nice procedure that we offer for reducing abdominal, flank or back fat, but this is not approved for the face.  In fact, I think it might be dangerous to apply the Zeltiq applicator to the face for this type of procedure.  Buccal fat excision is a nice, minimally invasive procedure to sculpt the part of your face that may appear "cheeky" or full.  You should consult with a surgeon first about these types of treatments.

Jason D. Bloom, MD
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Buccal fat pad

+1

Ulthera is designed to tighten the deeper tissue of the face with results lasting about a year.  Zeltiq is designed to reduce fat by essentially freezing it.  Buccal fat pad removal is usually done via a small incision inside the mouth and permanently removes the buccal fat pad.  If you wanted a more sculpted look just below your cheek bones buccal fat pat removal would be the quickest and most definitive way to do so.  Ulthera is really designed for patients that are wishing to tighten laxity and Zeltiq to reduce fat (usually body) so both of these last two technologies seem to be less than ideal for you.  Consult with a plastic surgeon that can offer you all three so they can give you the pros and cons of each and help you make an informed decision.  

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD