Zeltiq and Thermage Combo for Post-baby Belly?

I've had two children-the 1st one was a c-section w/ a short, very low scar & the 2nd was a VBAC. I have that typical hanging fat shelf you get from a c-section, and I don't have too much sagging- but my belly button is stretched out. I hated c-section surgery, and was wondering if Zeltiq with thermage afterwards, would produce decent results for me & not make my b button weirder. I know a mini-tuck would look better, but if I can avoid surgery and look 75% better, I would prefer no cutting.

Zeltiq and Thermage for Post-baby Belly

+1
The combination of Zeltiq and Thermage works extremely well for post-baby belly but you first need to diet and exercise and be at your ideal body weight.  These devices are not weight loss devices and everyone needs to be realistic about what effects they can achieve.  Once you are at your ideal weight you should consult with a board certified dermatologist who has a lot of experience with these procedures.  Congratulations about the baby and let me know how it works out.

CoolScultpting Provides Amazing Results - But it is not a replacement for surgery

+1

CoolSculpting is a wonderful treatment for excess fat and bulges. It is especially great on the tummy, sides, back and even arms.  But, it is unrealistic to expect that CoolSculpting will provide a result even close to that of surgery.

In my practice we do sometimes use CoolSculpting combined with laser skin tightening for mild skin laxity and excess fat in the upper arm area. 

CoolSculpting absolutely works, but I worry that some practitioners might promote CoolSculpting as the answer for everything. You may consider having several consultations.  If you feel pressured, or if CoolSculpting is being touted as a miracle, you may consider going elsewhere.

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Zeltiq and thermage for post delivery

+1

It would not be realistic to expect or hope for 75 % reduction with a combination of Zeltiq CoolSculpting and Thermage.  Theramge my improve contour but does not diminish fat volume significantly. You would need multiple treatments with Zeltiq CoolSculpting but even after a few, I doubt you would reach 75%. you might need liposuction and an abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) to get a great result. If you don't want surgery, eat a healthy diet and watch the carbs, and increase your exericse to burn more calories. otherwise, if you still don't want to undergo exercise, try several Zeltiq procedures.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Zeltiq will definitely reduce the number of fat cells

+1

Zeltiq will definitely reduce the number of fat cells, usually around 25% per treatment.  Combining Thermage might also tighten the skin, although it’s not like a tummy tuck, but it can definitely help.  In this situation it may require several treatments to get the result you’re seeking. 

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Zeltiq CoolSculpting will improve pregnancy belly on its own.

+1

Dear writer, Thank you for sharing your pictures with us. I think you are a good candidate for CoolSculpting by Zeltiq. My recommendation would be to do Zeltiq alone until you reach the amount of fat reduction desired, and then decide if you would like to incorporate radiofrequency devices for additional skin tightening. Based on your pictures, I believe you will benefit from two Zeltiq sessions, spread two months apart. You are a good candidate for the 8.0 applicator on the upper and lower abdomen, each. This larger size applicator is giving patients amazing results, with very significant fat reduction. You have made a good choice. Good luck with your Zeltiq experience! Dr. Bowes

Leyda Elizabeth Bowes, MD
Miami Dermatologic Surgeon

What can one do for the post pregnancy pouch?

+1

The answer really depends upon what your eventual goal is? It is true that a tummy tuck wil give you the most dramatic results in removing your pouch and acheiving tightening of your skin but that is not to say that results, and significant results at that, cannot be achieved with CoolSculpting. If your main goal is skin tightening, Thermage cannot give you the degree of tightening that one would get with a tummy tuck but I have seen significant fat reduction with CoolSculpting. The main advantages of CoolSculpting is that it is non-invasive. It does not require any incisions, and downtime. In addition, it is significantly less expensive compared to LIposuction and or a Tummy Tuck. In your question these issues seem to of importance to you and because of that my advice is for you to review some of the before and afer photos for CoolSculpting and then you can determine if that degree of fat loss  would satisfy your goals.  Your welcome to go to my spotlight on CoolSculpting to examine some of the results I have seen with some of my patients.

Ted Brezel, MD
Long Island Dermatologist

Tummy tuck often best for post-pregnancy abdomen

+1

Although Thermage may tighten the abdominal skin a little bit after it has been stretched out from pregnancy, it won't come anywhere near what a tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) does, certainly not even close to 75%. This is true even with other methods of fat reduction. Of course no one wants a scar or a major surgical procedure if it can be avoided, but tummy tucks are a big part of the mommy makeover for a good reason. Go for the full tummy tuck when the time is right.

Richard Baxter, MD

Save your money please

+1

In my opinion, the non-surgical remedies you mention would be a complete waste of your money and so would a mini-TT.  Based on the appearance of your abdomen, either a full TT or nothing but diet and exercise would be the two best options.  Don't spend hard earned dollars in today's economy on unproven treatments especially when your starting point is too stretched out to gain anything from them. 

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS