Zeltiq for Saddlebags: Am I a Candidate?

I have really made some changes over the last year with weight watchers and I have lost 15 pounds. Diet and exercise have helped me reach my ideal weight (125) but I cannot seem to reach my ideal body. I am relatively happy with everything else I just can't lose those saddlebags. They drive me insane.

Anyways, would I be a candidate for zeltiq? I just want my outer thighs/saddlebags reduced, and my thighs a bit more even. (they are kinda asymmetrical as you can see) Thanks!

CoolSculpting for Saddlebags

+1
Congratulations on your weight loss! Based on your photos, you would be a good candidate for CoolSculpting. Like many of my CoolSculpting patients, you maintain a healthy and active lifestyle and have reached your goal weight. Since you only want to target a specific area of stubborn fat that isn't responding to your lifestyle changes, it could be the perfect solution for you. The best way to know for sure is to have a consultation with a certified CoolSculpting specialist who can answer all of your questions and address any of your concerns. 

Coolsculpting for larweal thigh saddlebags

+1
Coolsculpting finally has an applicator that is designed for the lateral thighs.  Look for a  practice that has this relatively new applicator and go in for an in-person consultation.  Best of luck. 

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Zeltiq for Saddlebags

+1
Based on the photos, coolsculpting is an option for you to consider. The FDA has approved coolsculpting for thighs, and the results have been impressive. Consult with a board certified physician who offers both surgical and coolsculpting options to understand which procedure is best for you.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Cool sculpting for the saddle bags

+1
This is now possible that Cool Smooth is FDA approved.  These must be positioned appropriately.  Also we have two machines in our office in Austin to perform dual cool sculpting of simultaneous treatments.

Robert Whitfield, MD, FACS

CoolSculpting Does Treat Saddlebags

+1

In patients with saddlebags, coolsculpting results are excellent and patients report high levels of satisfaction. Your pictures suggest that you would be a good candidate for coolsculpting of your saddlebags. Unfortunately, without performing a physical examination, it’s not possible to know with certainty what’s best for you.

Unfortunately, there are several potential problems when coolsculpting is performed on saddlebags. Excess fat in the inner and outer thighs can be difficult to treat because it’s often associated with loose skin. Loose skin can be made worse when subcutaneous fat is removed with coolsculpting. Under these circumstances, coolsculpting not only removes excess fat, but can accentuate loose saggy thigh skin as well.

In addition, it can be difficult to apply the applicator to the thighs in some cases. There just isn’t enough skin to roll into the applicator head and as a result the device doesn’t function properly. This can adversely impact the result and lead to treatment failure.

Because of these issues, patient selection is extremely important. When patients have loose skin, results are less than optimal because of skin sag and other types of treatment should be considered. When the skin is tight, the applicator may not fit.

It’s important to discuss these issues with your plastic surgeon. Your surgeon should be able to help you choose the procedure that’s best for you. In most patients with saddle bags, coolsculpting is an excellent option. 

Richard J. Bruneteau, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting by Zeltiq was designed for saddle bags

+1
Your photos suggest that you would be a great candidate for Zeltiq. The localized saddle bag area is the perfect area to treat. I have had great results with tummies, flanks, and saddle bags. Remember that it is always important to find a board certified physician for the procedure. Eleven the asymmetry can be corrected through proper placement and procedure of the applicator. 

Michele S. Green, MD

Coolsculpting Candidate?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Congratulations on your lifestyle changes and weight loss.

Whether you are a good candidate for cool sculpting will depend on if the relatively firm lateral file area will sit in the suction “cup” of the cool sculpting machine. Because of your use and relative good skin tone you may not achieve a good fit in the suction device.

If this turns out to be the case after direct examination, you should have an excellent result with liposuction surgery.

I would suggest consultation with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon who has all options available to him/her.

Zeltiq Coolsculpting for saddlebags

+1

Greetings~

Congratulations on your weight loss and your hard work!  Zeltiq Coolsculpting can be helpful for stubborn areas but saddlebags can be difficult.  Areas of 'firm fat' like the outer thigh/saddlebag area can be difficult to achieve not only an adequate suction but more importantly difficult to draw up enough fat into the treatment chamber to see noticeable end results.  Firm thighs are good...but not for Zeltiq. For the best, most accurate, information about treatment as it pertains to you, it is best to get a face to face consult with someone who has performed a great deal of treatments.

Good luck and keep up the good work~

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

Zeltiq CoolSculpting is effective for spot fat reduction.

+1

Saddlebags can be treated with CoolSculpting in some cases.  The key is that you need to be able to "pinch and inch" or more. In otherwords, the handpiece draws the "fat" in and chills the fat.  Sometimes the fat is too firm and will not be drawn into the handpiece sufficiently to treat the area.  You will need to be examined by a CoolSculpting provider to know whether you are a candidate. It is difficult to determine by looking at a photo, unfortunately.

Susan Van Dyke, MD
Paradise Valley Dermatologic Surgeon

Coolsculpting for saddle bags on thighs

+1

It is true Coolsculpting works excellent for reducing fat bulges. Many surgeons use it to treat saddle bags and it works however my recommendation would be to wait until Zeltiq releases the thigh chamber addressing thigh fat. That chamber will be shaped to address thigh fat and should be available October 2011.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon