Will Zeltiq Get Rid of Uneven Fat Removal from a Prior Lipo?

I had Vaser and tumescent liposuction done by a very reputable surgeon in Beverly Hills 2 yrs ago for my mid section, love handles, and upper back. Before the procedure, he told me men are very fibrous and it's possible we won't get much. We did get some fat from the front but almost ZERO from the love handles or back. Also, the front of my stomach is a bit uneven as he pulled more from the right side of my belly button than from the left. Would Zeltiq possibly help me given I'm "fibrous?"

Coolsculpting is for localized excess of fat

+1

you may not get satisfactory results even from a number of CoolSculpting procedures. You may need a secondary liposuction procedure but you will get a much better result if you lose weight via diet and exercise first.

Coolsculpting after Liposuction surgery

+1

Coolsculpting may not give you the results you are wanting.  It may be best to visit the surgeon who performed your previous liposuction surgery and see if revisionary liposuction would be a better option.

Best Wishes!

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/cool-sculpting.htm

Coolsculpting following unsuccessful liposuction

+1

I typically will not treat a patient with Coolsculpting if they have had liposuction in an area and it was ineffective. Also, I do not use Coolsculpting to correct uneven results from a prior liposuction procedure.

West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Zeltiq post lipo

+1

I have had some great success in liposuction irregularites in 3 women, particularly in the flank area.  However, as your surgon said, the male flank is quite fibrous.  The good news is that the Zeltiq can work on post surgical tissue because it is not impeded (as is a lipo touch up) by the scar tissue underneath.  But you are taking the risk that the results may not be as good as you want them to be.  

Boston Dermatologic Surgeon

Zeltiq does not work for revision of prior liposuction regions

+1

I'm a believer in Zeltiq and I think its effective for the right patient. But its simply too unpredictable to specifically address regions of contour irregularity after a liposuction procedure. Consider revision of liposuction using a power-assisted liposuction technique. I think this would be a more reliable plan.

Web reference: http://www.scottsattlermd.com