Zeltiq Can It Be Use on my Face to Melt my Fat Transfer?

I had fat injected into my face almost 1 1/2 years ago. The doctor not only overfilled my whole face he also filled more on my left side than right side. He totally changed my face from long face to round face. My eyes is getting smaller and I look older due to the fat he injected under my eyebrow. I'm praying everyday for it to go away completely I want my before face back.

Fat injection overcorrection can not be corrected with CoolSculpting by Zeltiq

+1

The applicators of CoolSculpting are not designed for small areas and the areas within your face that need reduction of fat would need to correlate with the surface area of treatment for the applicator.

Fat removal from the face is difficult. Your doctor knows best where they implanted the fat (under, in or on top of muscle) in the different areas and they could advise you if tiny liposuction with very small cannulae can be used to try to extract some fat. Risks including, but not limited to scarring, indentations, creases, irregularities, etc. exist and this should be discussed thoroughly with your doctor.

Newer technologies are being developed for fat reduction, but the ones that are being used for body work are not suitable for the face and there could be risks of nerve injury. Injections to dissolve fat in the neck, might risk ulceration and scarring if done on the face.

Don't rush in to a treatment, and as much as you are unhappy, be patient for the technology to develop a safe treatment for you.

Coolsculpting not used to remove facial fat deposits.

+1

Dear writer, Unfortunately at this time CoolSculpting and the applicators in current use, are not meant to treat facial fat. 

Leyda Elizabeth Bowes, MD
Miami Dermatologic Surgeon

Coolsculpting (Zeltiq) cannot be used on the face

+1

Coolsculpting will only work on areas of fat large enough for the hand piece to grab onto, and hold onto for 1 hour, via suction.  Even the small hand piece requires an area of fat large enough for your hand to grab onto (like a love handle).  Unfortunately, fat injections can last for years and cannot be dissolved easily.  I would recommend you see a cosmetic specialist who is very experienced in fat transfers to see if anything can be done. Good luck, I hope you find a solution for your problem.

Lorrie Klein, MD
Laguna Niguel Dermatologic Surgeon