Is Zeltiq Used for Non-invasive Breast Reduction for Women?

I have been thinking about a breast reduction for some time, but I shy away because of the scars. I have read about men using Zeltiq to get rid of their "man boobs" and wondered if the procedure has ever been tested on women who would like a breast reduction without scars?

Zeltiq (Coolsculpting) for Non-invasive Breast Reduction

+2

At the present time we can not use Zeltiq for a non-invasive breast reduction - not because it wont work - (in fact it is a great concept) but because the applicators wont fit properly. We have used  the device for gynecomastia (fatty type) in men as well as upper arms, abdomens, flanks and inner thighs. I am sure the company is working on new uses for the device and perhaps someday an applicator will be developed for breast reduction.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Zeltiq (Cool sculpting) for Breast Reduction?

+1

At this time, cool sculpting is not recommended for removal of adipose tissue of the breast. If you are having  significant symptoms  exacerbated by large breasts,  you may be a  candidate for breast reduction surgery;  despite the scars associated with this operation,  it is one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform.

Nonsurgical breast reduction

+1

Currently the only nonsurgical way to reduce breasts that I am aware of is weight loss which obviously would not be appropriate for a slender patient.  For HWP patients with really fatty breasts, liposuction can also reduce the weight and bulk of the breasts alittle bit but does nothing to improve the shape.  Surgical breast reduction is a great procedure with a very, very high satisfaction rate.  Most patients are so pleased with their smaller and perkier breasts, they hardly notice the scars.  And the scars usually fade with time. 

Lisa Lynn Sowder, M.D.

Lisa L. Sowder, MD

Zeltiq for breast fat reduction

+1

I don't think Zeltiq would be able to offer a substantial breast tissue reduction in a predictable way. Breast reduction surgery has one of the highest patient satisfaction rates in plastic surgery. Meet with a plastic surgeon to discuss your concerns about breast scars. The benefits of improved breast shaping, reduction in breast weight and overall impact on your health and well-being outweigh any breast scarring that results from this excellent procedure.

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS