Is Zeltiq Very Effective on Love Handle Areas or Does Lipo Give Better Results?

I am 5'4", 115 lbs. and want to get the fat around my waist liposuctioned (it's not a lot, I am very active, eat a healthy diet with no meat and dairy) but am considering the zeltiq-it is only about $600 less than lipo but want to invest in the procedure that will be effective. I know zeltiq has less down time and less invasive but kind of skeptical about the results. Also want to know if it is effective on larger amounts of fat (thigh areas).

CoolSculpting is effective but candidate selection is important

+3

From your photos, it looks like you are a good candidate for CoolSculpting around the abdomen and flank area. CoolSculpting is ideal for patients who are otherwise in good shape, but just have stubborn fatty deposits.  These patients are also good candidates for liposuction as well.  Your question is a good one, because deciding which procedure to perform really depends entirely on your personal goals.  If you are seeking to remove a larger amount of fat, then liposuction will be more effective.  If you are seeking to rid yourself of a smaller amount of fat, and not have the downtime associated with surgery, then CoolSculpting might be a good option for you.  Of course, an in-person evaluation will best determine your candidacy, but you should communicate your goals clearly to your provider so they can be honest with you about what kind of results to expect.  CoolSculpting is not currently available for the thighs.

Good Candidate for CoolSculpting

+2

The ideal candidate for CoolSculpting is the patient that is within 10-15 pounds of their ideal weight and has localized bulges such as the muffin top, love handles and back fat. From your photos it appears that you meet these criteria. The advantages of the CoolSculpting procedure over liposuction are that is it non-invasive requiring no anesthesia, no incisions, no needles, and no downtime. I would strongly suggest that you consider it before committing to liposuction.

Ted Brezel, MD
Long Island Dermatologist

Zeltiq Coolsculpting is great for people who are fit

+2

Greetings~

Zeltiq is an ideal for patients who are fit and close to their ideal weight but have some distinct areas that they may deem 'stubborn'.   We have excellent results with patients, good reduction of the fat with smooth contours. Patients are extremely pleased to have such great results from such an easy procedure. The areas patients most commonly seek treatment for (but aren't limited to) are tummy, love handles, bra fat and thighs.  To see if you are a good candidate, a physical exam by a provider that actually performs the procedures on a regular basis is best.

Good luck!

Dr. Grant Stevens  

Grant Stevens, MD

CoolSculpting for love handles in a fit woman is perfect answer.

+2

Absolutely, CoolSculpting is the right choice for a fit woman with the need for a spot treatment. I would recommend trying CoolSculpting before exposing yourself to the risks and side effects of a surgical intervention. If your expectations are reasonable, you will be very happy with your results and I doubt that liposuction would be indicated.

Susan Van Dyke, MD
Paradise Valley Dermatologic Surgeon

Cool Sculpting on the love handles.

+1
Cool sculpting absolutely can work on the love handles.  That area can be sculpted with a number of applicators depending on the size of the area that needs to be treated.

Robert Whitfield, MD, FACS

CoolSculpting for Love Handle Treatment

+1

Coolsculpting represents a significant advance in the treatment of fat collections. The technique has been clinically proven and FDA approved.

Coolsculpting is very effective in treating love handles when they’re not too large. When love handles are larger they may be more easily managed with liposuction. Your pictures suggest that you would be an excellent candidate for coolsculpting of your love handles.

In the vast majority of patients who undergo coolsculpting the results are excellent. The procedure is very safe and there appears to be no long term problems associated with the procedure.

Unfortunately, the procedure isn’t for everyone. Patients with large amounts of fat or loose skin may need more aggressive procedures. In this group liposuction or skin resections may be more appropriate. It’s important to remember, that the best results occur when there’s appropriate patient selection and expectations are realistic. 

Richard J. Bruneteau, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

WIs CoolSculpting an effective treatment for love handles?

+1

You sound like you could possibly be an ideal candidate for CoolSculpting.  However, it is impossible to know with certainty which treatment would be best for you without a consultation.  You may wish to get a consultation from a plastic surgeon in your area offering both liposuction and CoolSculpting so you will get the best advice about which treatment will provide the desired results for you.

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Zeltiq Effectiveness

+1

CoolSculpting is not a weight loss solution for people who are obese, or a substitute for surgical methods such as liposuction. Good candidates have noticeable bulges in certain areas they’d like to get rid of. Your doctor will determine if treatment is right for you during a one-on-one consultation. Based on your photos, I believe you would be an excellent candidate for CoolSculpting.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Coolsculpting by Zeliq is ideal for someone physically fit

+1
Your photos look like you are in good shape and would be a great candidate for Coolsculpting.  The technique works amazingly well.  All of my patients have come back for a different area or have referred their friends for this treatment. Liposuction is very invasive and may be unnecessary in your case with no up side. 
Coolsculpting really works but it is not a weight loss device. It is designed for patients who have achieved their ideal weight and cannot get rid of their bulge in their abdomen or love handles. A consultation by an experienced dermatologist is necessary. 

Michele S. Green, MD

Coolsculpting is great for the love handles

+1

From your photos, it appears as though you may be an great candidate for Coolsculpting to the love handles.  For exercise-resistant fat, Coolsculpting is a great non-surgical alternative to standard liposuction.

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS