Can Zeltiq Be Used on the Buttocks?

Im really skinny except for fatty bulges on the sides of my buttocks that pop out of my swimming suit. They tend to make my buttocks look heavy and wide, i was wondering if coolsculpting can work on it. i have highlighted in red this area, its not exactly the saddlebag but an above the gluteal crease fatty deposit that is part of the buttock that i would like to be reduced, to make my butt look smaller and more uplifted is it possible I would a appreciate an answer as soon as possible Thank you

Coolsculpting on the buttocks

+2

Coolsculpting is approved for the flanks but is used in many other places as long as the fat can be pinched up easily by the evaluating physicians. It is ideal for localized fat deposits but not used for cellulite or areas where the fat is not able to be brought up uniformly into the vacuum chamber.

West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Coolsculpting for Buttocks

+2

Greetings Fey~

Though the pictures you have posted are helpful, without seeing you it would be difficult to say with any certainty. If the fat or area you wish to treat is quite firm and is difficult to suck into the treatment chamber and for the applicator to attach to properly then you may not get an ideal result. The fat would have to be soft enough and malleable enough to be drawn up into the applicator and make sufficient contact with the panels that freeze the fat. So the answer is--possibly...each patient must be evaluated on an individual basis to determine if they are good candidates.

Good luck~

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

Coolsculpting and buttocks

+1
Coolsculpting does not have FDA approval for the buttocks, and this area should be proceeded with caution. Consult with a board certified physician who offers both surgical and coolsculpting options to determine whether you are a candidate and which procedure is best for you.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Cool Sculpting treatments lead to permanent fat loss

+1
We would have to examine you.  We don't want to create unwanted change in the buttock area.

Body reshaping can be performed with a cannula that removes fat via liposuction or with noninvasive technology like Cool Sculpting. With Cool Sculpting there is no cannula inserted into your body. All treatments are performed on the surface from the outside in using technology that freezes the fat. Don’t hesitate to give us a call in Austin regarding a Body Reshaping Consult at the Upper Room. On our Facebook Page there is an Interview I recently did with KVUE, a local news station in Austin, that was picked by affiliates around the United States, including Miami. During the Interview we discussed the technology of Cool Sculpting as well as it application process.

Robert Whitfield, MD, FACS

CoolSculpting to Buttocks

+1

I would discourage you from applying the CoolSculpting to the buttocks itself.  We tend to get more optimal results when treating the bulges or "saddle bags" on the sides of the buttocks.  I would use the CoolSculpting treatment to help create the shape around the buttocks that you desire.

Jeffrey W. Hall, MD

The buttock should have fat

+1

in my opinion, the buttock should have fat, and my worry with any treatment of the buttock is that of "overcorrection" and the unnatural appearance that this may lead to.  treating the area below the buttock, the "banana roll" is safer in my opinion.

Eric Chang, MD

CoolSculpting of the buttock area

+1

It is best to have an examination to see if the localized area that you are concerned about can "fit" into the CoolSculpting Applicator.... if it is a localized area and the applicator fits correctly around the area, then yes you can have it treated and there will be 20-25% reduction after 1 treatment.

CoolSculpting by Zeltiq for the buttocks

+1

If there is a localized pouch of fat on the buttock around which the applicator of Zeltiq will fit, then the doctor can recommend the treatment off-label. In the future, if applicators are made in many different shapes, it would allow the physicians to treat a wider variety of shapes.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Coolscupting can be used on the buttocks

+1
Coolsculpting in Europe is used in many different locations, including the buttocks, with great results.  As with all procedures, a consultation to make sure that you are a good candidate must occur and the applicator by an experienced person must be measured.  If the fat area has a good "fit" into the applicator, and it is a discrete area of fat, then the answer would be "yes".

Michele S. Green, MD

Can CoolSculpting be performed on the buttocks?

+1

CoolSculpting can sometimes be performed on the buttocks.  It is dependent upon the contour of the bulge and the pliability of the tissue one wants treated.  The Zeltiq CoolSculpting device uses an applicator of which there are three different ones.  The choice of the applicator is dependent upon the contour of the bulge being treated.  In addition, the tissue has to be pliable enough so that it can be pulled up into the applicator.  One can only tell if your particular area can be treated by examining the area in person.  I suggest you visit a CoolScupting physician who will be be able to make a more definitive assessment of your desired treatment area.

Ted Brezel, MD
Long Island Dermatologist