Zeltiq CoolSculpting and Pregnancy

I Would Like to Get Zeltiq on my Abs and Flanks but Plan to Get Pregnant Again. Concerns? Will this affect my future pregnancy?

CoolSculpting effects on pregnancy

+1
CoolSculpting treatments should not affect future pregnancies. It specifically targets the fat layer and does not penetrate the deeper organs. While it its not recommended during pregnancy, you can receive the treatments when you are not pregnant. Always consult with a provider so they can determine if you are a candidate for treatment.

CoolSculpting and pregnancy

+1

CoolSculpting, like most aesthetic devices have not been tested on pregnant women. In my practice, women trying to conceive are not good candidates for CoolSculpting by Zeltiq

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting can be done prior to conception

+1

As long as you have not had difficulty having children previously, then CoolSculpting can be done prior to you conceiving. Elective cosmetic treatment, including CoolSculpting, is generally not done during pregnancy. If however, a patient has not been able to conceive easily and has very little body fat, which has been shown to interfere with conception, then CoolSculpting should be avoided preceding the attempt to conceive and wait until after delivery and nursing.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Coolsculpting before pregnancy

+1

Coolsculpting affects the fat not the organs beneath. It should not be peformed during or immediately after pregnancy.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Zeltiq and pregnancy

+1

You can absolutely have the CoolSculpting procedure now and it will not effect future pregnancies.  

Best Wishes!

No Effect on Pregnancy

+1

I would NOT recommend Zeltiq if you are pregnant.  But, to treat areas after pregnancy is not a problem.  The fat removal is permanent regardless if you become pregnant again.  There have been no studies that show the effect of Zeltiq on an unborn fetus, therefore I would not undergo Zeltiq if you thought or knew you were pregnant.

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Zeltiq Coolsculpting and future pregnancy

+1

Greetings~

Zeltiq is definitely a safe treatment and should have no effect on future pregnancy.  If your abdomen and flanks are where you may have noticed more weight gain in previous pregnancies and you have these areas treated you may notice more weight gain in areas that may not have been effected in the past.  Zeltiq has been excellent for our patients after pregnancy for the stubborn areas of fat that don't seem to improve with diet and exercise.

Good luck

Dr. Grant Stevens   

Grant Stevens, MD