Will Zelteq Work for an Obese Patient with Concentrated Fat?

Hi, I am currently 5"11 and weigh around 225 pounds. But the majority of fat is concentrated on my belly and my breast. My hands and my legs are quite thin, the legs more muscular than fat. I was simply wondering, since the main goal of Zelteq is to lose fat in areas, would it work on my belly? I already know that my double chin isn't going anywhere, but if I can just go from a 38 jeans size to a 36 or *god forbids* 34, I would be overjoyed Background blurred for super paranoia. THX!

Zeltiq will reduce fat

+4

Zeltiq will work on fat that is outside your abdominal wall.  Therefore, if the fat that is on your lower belly is just under the skin, you may be able to reduce it with Zeltiq.  To see if you're a candidate for Zeltiq, tighten your stomach muscles as tight as you can, and feel the area.  If you can feel softness under the skin between the skin and the hard muscle, then this is fat.  Sometimes, people carry the fat inside the belly, in which case you will just feel the firm muscles below the skin.  The upper belly is less likely to have fat under the skin however; there is a chance that the fat hanging over the pants may respond.  To move from a size 38 to a size 36 or 34 is a pretty lofty goal.  That is unlikely to happen with a single treatment but depending upon the fat location may be possible with multiple treatments.

Santa Monica Dermatologic Surgeon

Zeltiq for concentrated areas of fat

+2

Greetings~

Zeltiq is great for concentrated areas of fat such as the stomach and love handles; it is not however a substitute for diet and exercise.  If your weight is not stable or you fall in to bad eating habits after having Zeltiq you will gain the weight and fat back.  Not all the fat cells in a treated area are removed so if a person gains weight those cells can expand and grow.  If your areas of fat are able to be pinched or grabbed currently then they should be able to be suctioned in to the treatment applicator and you can be treated.  Patients wanting a more substantial reduction in fat in an area will require at least two to three treatments...but I still wouldn't count on going from a 38 to a 34.

Good luck~

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

CoolSculpting works well on localized fat.

+2

You look like a very good candidate for CoolSculpting by Zeltiq.  The procedure consistently and reliably reduces localized fat in the flanks and abdomen as well as any area that you can "pinch an inch" or more.  I think you will be very happy with one or two treatments in the desired area.

Susan Van Dyke, MD
Paradise Valley Dermatologic Surgeon

Fat that can be pinched can be treated with coolsclupting

+2

I think the best way to determine whether you are a candidate without having a formal consultation is to ask yourself if you can really grab the fat and to some extent lift off the abdomen.  The device works by suctioing the fat into a small chamber and if the fat you desire to treat is not very mobile or suctionable (if that is a word), then you should expect that it would be difficult for the device to give you the results you desire.

Daniel I. Wasserman, MD
Naples Dermatologic Surgeon

Coolsculpting will help reduce the fat of the abdomen and breast area in men

+2

Dear writer, Coolsculpting will help reduce the fat of the abdomen and breast area in men. Your lower abdomen and breast area appear to qualify for the coolsculpting procedure. I agree with the comments my colleagues have made regarding the fat of the abdomen being outside the muscle wall in order for it to be treated. Additionally, the fatty tissue of the abdomen should not be fibrous or hard to 'mold' and should fit nicely into the Zeltiq applicator in order for you to have a good response. From the pictures you have provided us, you probably are a good candidate for treatment of the abdomen with the 8.0 applicator, and the breast area with either the 6.3 or 6.2 applicator. Your doctor will do your evaluation and make a decision on treatment. You should plan to have more than one session on the abdomen for maximum fat reduction. I hope this information is helpful. From Miami, Dr. Bowes

Leyda Elizabeth Bowes, MD
Miami Dermatologic Surgeon

Cool Sculpting treatments lead to permanent fat loss

+1
Yes this area can be treated.

Body reshaping can be performed with a cannula that removes fat via liposuction or with noninvasive technology like Cool Sculpting. With Cool Sculpting there is no cannula inserted into your body. All treatments are performed on the surface from the outside in using technology that freezes the fat. Don’t hesitate to give us a call in Austin regarding a Body Reshaping Consult at the Upper Room. On our Facebook Page there is an Interview I recently did with KVUE, a local news station in Austin, that was picked by affiliates around the United States, including Miami. During the Interview we discussed the technology of Cool Sculpting as well as it application process.

Robert Whitfield, MD, FACS

Zeltiq will reduce fat by 20-25%

+1

Each coolsculpting treatment reduces the area treated by 20-25% and some patients need multiple treatments.  Ideally, you should be examined by a doctor who performs this procedure so that they can see if you would be a good candidate for the procedure.  IF you are able to "pinch" an area of fat along the abdominal area, then most likely you will be a good candidate.

Best Wishes! 

Coolsculpting is best for concentrated belly fat.

+1

Coolsculpting will reduce the fat that sits between your muscles and skin. It will effectively reduce the fat layer that is pulled into the applicator about 20%. Your provider will need to review how many treatments you will need to achieve your desired result.

Laurie Casas, MD

CoolSculping works for men

+1

I believe you would be a candidate for CoolSculpting based on your pictures.  In fact, I have had my abdomen treated twice and also my "man boobs".  It is not as dramatic as liposuction, but not as expensive either and there is NO downtime!

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Zeltiq Coolsculpting works for fat reduction

+1

Every patient should be evaluated by a dermatologist experienced with Coolsculpting. Not all patients have the type and distribution of fat to be a great candidate for this procedure.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon