4 Zarconia Crowns on Teeth #'s 2, 3, 4 & 6 Trobbing Pain Above # 6 & #2 (Seated March 2013)?

Since 4 of 8 teeth were crowned as part of a bite correction of front teeth hitting, I have had intermitten pain, gum irritation and trobbing above # 2&6. Pain is noticable @ nite &. seems to be getting worst & more frequent My dentist insists that all looks well, however has sent me to an endodontist and now a periodontist. #2 is rough & has an flaw line that when probed is un-nerving. # 6 i(root canal) is somewhat the same, flaws & not sealed @ gumline. I feel the problem is w/the crowns.

Pain with New Crowns

+2

Once you have had the evaluation by the endodontist and your pain is resolved then having a periodontist evaluate the gum situation and and the seal of the crowns will give you the information you need to make the next decision. If there is a problem with the crowns, then ask your dentist to remake the one or ones to fix the situation.

Santa Monica Cosmetic Dentist

Tooth Pain After Six Months

+2

If you are still having pain after six months, than I agree with your dentist, an evaluation by an endodontist (root canal specialist) is certainly in order.  He is the expert in dentistry for diagnosing tooth pain.  Do yourself a big favor and get the tooth pain resolved first before starting to having any of the crowns replaced.  Work with your dentist, tell him you want a complete exam with x-rays to rule out any restorations that might not fit perfectly.  Zirconia crowns are one of the strongest tooth colored crowns made today, and will not be easy to drill off and redo.  If you do need to replace any, and are seeing a new dentist, consider EMax crowns or porcelain fused to metal crowns which are not as technique sensitive.

Laguna Niguel Cosmetic Dentist