I'm having extreme tightness in muscles between my pelvic bones along the incision line? (photo)

is this normal this 8+mths after surgery. When I lay on my sides, it sometimes feels like the muscles are on fire and are being pulled apart. While I'm sitting, between my pelvic bone deep under the skin is extremely tight. It makes me very uncomfortable. It feels like my pants are uncomfortably too tight, I undo my pants and realize it's my muscles, not my pants at all....I keep being told it will get better but it's been 8+ months, how long do I need to wait to feel normal again?

I'm having extreme tightness in muscles between my pelvic bones along the incision line?

+1

Over the internet very hard to diagnose your issues. Best to seek IN PERSON opinions from boarded PSs in your city..

Too tight after a tummy tuck

+1

Typically the abdominal muscles are tightened during a tummy tuck which would give the sensation that you are describing. Visit with your plastic surgeon and explain your problem, you might benefit from an injection of a long acting local anesthetic to relieve the discomfort.

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Post op pain

+1

It is not typical to have pain 8 months post-op. Also not sure why you still have steri-strips this far out. Best to check in with your plastic surgeon.

Christopher J. Davidson, MD, FACS
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon