2 Yrs After Upper Eye Lift Surgery Have Lumps with Discharge?

Approx 2 yrs ago I had the upper eyelift surgery done. Now I have1 small lump onouter corner of my one eye and a small pimple like bump on the inner upper part of both eyes. I noticed the 1on the outer corner of the1 eye gives a hard white discharge when I squeeze it but keeps coming back. Itlooks like they all appear at the ends where the incisions were made. Within a yr of having the surgery my surgeon retired. Should I be concern about the bumps?

Concerning Bumps

+1

You have described a constellation of symptoms that could lead to several possible diagnoses.  It makes sense to follow-up medically with a cosmetic blepharoplasty surgeon who performs eyelid surgery routinely.  

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cysts

+1

Cysts can sometimes form at the site of previous incision or suture. This is due to some skin cells that may get covered over and develop little cysts. These can be addressed rather easily.

I would make an appointment with your surgeon. If he/she is not comfortable with addressing this problem, I would recommend consultation with an ASOPRS trained Oculoplastics surgeon. You can find one close to you on the ASOPRS dot org website.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Bumps after blepharoplasty

+1

It sounds like from your description that you have an inclusion cyst  that drains periodically. You should have it checked out.

Tow years after Blepharoplasty Procedure with bumps and discharge require a visit to a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

+1

It's worth a trip to a Plastic Surgeon to investigate the cause of your issues. It could be related to the previous surgery or not, but to avoid and further difficulties, e.g. infection you should have it checked out.

Kenneth A. Marshall, MD, FACS
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon