1 Yr Post Botox, Arched Muscle 24/7 Above My Brows?

I am 1 yr post botox. I had it in my glabella, forehead and crows feet region. It is still wearing off because my undereye are is still still trying to take shape into its normal position. Getting better, but still not quite there. I did not have this before. My forehead area was completely smooth and .Why is this? And, will it resolve itself and flatten out like before? I also have puffy "11's" . between my brows. Why and will this go away?

1 year post Botox, arched muscle 24/7 above my brows?

+2

Hello, and sorry to hear about the issue you are experiencing. In general, Botox lasts for 3 months on average. After one year, the Botox will not be responsible for these side effects. I would recommend following up with your provider and having an exam to ensure that there is not another issue that needs attention. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck. 

+1

Botox, Dysport and Xeomin only last 3 months so it's unlikely this is from a Botox treatmenta year ago.

Botox and longevity

+1

Cosmetic Botox injections typically last 90-120 days. What you are experiencing wouldn't be as a result of any injection a year ago. l would suggest following up with your PCP to determine what else might be causing you these unwanted facial changes.

Sam Naficy, MD

+1

There appear to be variable effects occurring such as prolonged paralysis on one area and relapse in another area like the glabella and the return of lines.  It would be difficult to provide specific advice without an exam and following your clinical course.  The length of paralysis would not be ordinary.  

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Botox problem after a year

+1

This problem should not be related to the activity of Botox as we do not have such a drug that can last that long. If we did, I would be using it. Did your doctor get photos before injecting? You might not remember what you looked like prior to Botox or something else might be going on. Have your doctor take a look

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Consult your surgeon ASAP!

+1

If you used Botox, there is no way possible that it could last a year long.  I would really consult with your surgeon/ you used for your treatment and see what exactly they used.  Chances are it was not Botox. GOOD LUCK!

Leonard Hochstein, MD

One Year After Botox

+1

Botox stops working entirely in 3-4 months in the vast majority of patients.  It is difficult to answer your question without an examination, but I have never seen permanent or chronic irregularities caused in the brow by Botox.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

1 year post Botox?

+1

Botox does not last a year.  The longest I have ever seen it last was 9 months , which is very rare.  The average patient usually gets Botox every 3 to 6 months.  Contact your surgeon to confirm what was used.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

1 year post Botox, still having problems

+1

Botox doesn't last for one year. I will have to assume that you didn't have Botox that was made by Allergan. It does not have an ability to last this long. 3-4 months is normal, 6 months is max. One year is just not possible. So, with that being said, it's impossible to tell you how long it will take to wear off as there is simply no way it was legitimate Botox that was used. Also, as a side note, some of what you are describing sounds like filler was used on you - and not a neuromodulator of any kind - puffiness, bumpiness, etc. would be from filler, not a neuromodulator like Botox.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

+1

Botox, like the other botulinum toxins, lasts anywhere from 2.5-4 months, depending on the patient. It is unlikely that your current concerns are related to your injection a year ago. Lines begin to return after the product is metabolized. Best of luck!

George T. Boris, MD, FRCS, FACS