1 Yr & 5 Months Rhino Post Op & Still Swollen. Will It Go Away?

i had a droopy tip raised & refined but my nose now looks really thin especially at the top of the bridge. the tip looks droopier than before surgery & still feels hard. it looks like i have a lump on one side not sure if its swelling since he did work more on that side. also one nostril looks a bit higher than the other. i wanted to level the nostrils with the tip so when i smiled it creates a straight line unlike a droopy tip which makes more of an arrow shape. can these issues be fixed?

Sorry, you're not swollen 17 months post rhinoplasty

+1

It just isn't swelling after 17 months, and you might have to consider a rhinoplasty revision if you are unhappy with the results.

Unsatisfactory Results At 1.5 Years After Rhinoplasty

+1

At 1.5 years after your rhinoplasty, swelling is highly unlikely existing unless a recent nasal trauma did take place for example.

Therefore, the nasal irregularities and the nasal bulk you have described can be corrected by a revision procedure at this point.

However, without an in-person evaluation it is hard to provide you with substantial information on how to go about fixing your nasal irregularities. So, I recommend that you consult with board certified surgeons of ample experience who can help you make a well-informed decision.

That being said, please remember that commendable results require an exceptionally skilled surgeon to perform the surgery and settling for anything less than that increases the chances of additional corrective surgeries dramatically.

I hope this helps and please feel free to check the website below.

Thank you for your inquiry.
The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Results After Rhinoplasty

+1

I doubt that there is any swelling which remains. Anything still hard is either cartilage or scar tissue. 

Ronald Schuster, MD

Revision Rhinoplasty may be Needed

+1

Dear RhinoNewbie, 

The problems and concerns you are discussing at this point are not going to resolve themselves. The healing process at a year and half is finalized. Your concerns may be fixed with the hands of a good surgeon who has experience in revision rhinoplasty. Seek a few expert opinions in consultation and discuss what your expectations are. Make sure you and your surgeon are on the same page. I personally use an imaging computer to show my patients the proposed surgical results. This may be helpful to you in discussing your expectations. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Swelling 17 Months Post Rhinoplasty

+1

17 months after a rhinoplasty your swelling has resolved; what you are seeing is scarring or residual structural problems. The things you describe can be improved if your surgery is done by an experienced revision specialist.