Tuberous Breast Correction?

Ok so I really want this surgery even though i'm only 15. But the thing is only my right breasts is tuberous not the other only, my other one is fine. The one that is bigger in the pic is what it looks like and as you can see it very bad. It's also very noticeable and I really want silicone and I hear you can get it if you have breast deformitees. Could I get the surgery?

Tuberous breasts

+1

Hi,

Here is my opinion.  If you are my daughter, you get this surgery pronto.  If you are 4 years from your period, then you are not going to change much.  The tubular issue is there with the large areolas (herniated) and the asymmetry gets corrected at the same time.

Seek out your surgeon AFTER you discuss this with your parents.  You might be very surprised that they will be supportive.  Show them this picture and tell them that you look similar.  Any good parent is going to discuss this with you but worry about your having surgery. 

I have operated on many teenage patients with misshapen breasts, asymmetric breasts, small breasts and I can tell you with no hesitation, teenage girls AND boys (male breasts etc) have a right to have corrective surgery.  Your pediatrician will not suggest it and say to wait it out.  Sure, wait it out.  NOT IN MY BOOK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When we operated on the teenage daughters and sons of the doctors, it seems to hit home.

Final bottom line.....Discuss this with your parents.  If you are similar to this patient photo, you need a 2 1/2 hour outpatient procedure that involves an asymmetric bilateral breast lift with implants.  The areolas get decreased at the same time and adjusted to become PART of your breasts rather than herniated (tuberous). 

Check this photo out to see it it make some sense to you and good luck to you.  Remember, you MUST discuss this with your parents/guardian and make them aware of how it is hitting you in school.  I find patients with this condition are tortured at school and mostly by the girls !!!!!!!!!!!!!  Large breasted teenagers too !!  I have more than 5000 breast surgeries and I can tell you without hesitation that you will change your life with this surgery.

I could pussy foot around with this answer but this hits close to me and I would not want you to suffer further because of your age. 

Steven M. Lynch, M.D. Albany, New York

Albany Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous Breast Correction? (photo)

+1

There are several options open to you, depending on the nature of your tissues

You will need parental and implant device manufacturer approval

Depending on the nature of your tissues  you could do a circumareolar lift on the one side and placement of sub-fascial silicone gel implants .The use of adjustable saline implants in your situation offers several advantages 

Hilton Becker, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous breast: suggest subfascial silicone implants

+1

i agree with the other surgeon that subfascial silicone implants should give you a great result.  sometimes herniation of breast tissue under the areola needs to be corrected as well, but generally i put in the implants first and do that correction in a second surgery if required.

Shim Ching, MD
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous Breast Correction

+1

Thanks for the very thought out questions. First best to go with a parent to be seen IN PERSON by a boarded PS in your city. This allows in person education of both you and your parent. Second see or form a surgical game plan. Third understand that there could be a few operative sessions needed to achieve a satisfactory result. Best of luck. 

Tuberous breast surgery

+1

Thank you for the question and the photo. The answer is yes you could get silicon implant. Tuberous breast is a deformity of the breast That is characterized by constriction of the breast base and herniation of the breast tissue into the nipple areola complex. The treatment is surgery which involve implant placement and  breast lift.  You may require different size implant to achieve symmetry. 

You need a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon  to address your concerns and plan the surgery.  Best wishes.

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

Silicone augmentation for breast deformities

+1

Yes for reconstructive purposes you can have a silicone implant.  I strongly recommend Subfascial placement of a silicone gel implant!

Rian A. Maercks, MD