What Are Your Views on CareCredit? Is It Wise to Use CareCredit to Help with Payments?

I have been getting told by many people that CareCredit is not really the way to go to help pay for the procedure I want (which is rhinoplasty and considering chin implant due to a doctor's opinion...my chin is too small). I don't know what to do

Plastic Surgery Financing

+2

Hello and thank you for the question.

There are several options for cosmetic surgery financing, including CareCredit and GlamourCredit, among others.  Each firm offers specials and incentives, some of which can be very attractive at 0% interest for a fixed period.  As some of my colleagues have pointed out, reading the "fine print" would serve you well, and finance charges can be considerable under certain circumstances and may change over time. 

Glenn Vallecillos, M.D., F.A.C.S. 

Credit

+2

Care Credit is fine, but please remember: Those who understand interest, obtain it, those who don't pay it!  Be wise my friend.

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

CareCredit Financing for Plastic Surgery

+2

Dear KatrinaAnn,

CareCredit is a very popular method for financing plastic surgery and can help make plastic surgery more affordable and accessible. Like any method of financing, you should understand your payment obligations and be sure that both the surgery and financial responsibilities are good choices for you.

Warmest wishes,

Larry Fan, MD 

Larry Fan, MD

Care Credit

+2

Care Credit is an excellent method for many patients to help finance their plastic surgery. Care Credit is typically very helpful and they try to taylor plans to meet most patients needs. If it is unnecessary for you to finance (ie, you have the cash, or already have credit available) then paying the promotional APR may not be worth it for you. For most of my patient who inquire about financing, Care Credit is a convienint option that still allows them to keep the credit they already have open for other expenses. 

Elliot M. Heller, MD

Financing Plastic Surgery

+2

Hi there-

CareCredit is one of the better know options for financing your surgery. As with all financing/loan options, the devil can sometimes be in the details. Be sure the interest rate and term of the loan are acceptable and favorable for you, and you should have a good experience.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

CareCredit

+2

CareCredit is the leading option for patient financing. The program is not for all, but the interest free programs are attractive. While the interest rates for the longer term programs are high, the rates are more reasonable than most other companies.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Care credit

+2

Care credit is one option for financing your surgical procedure. Like any type of financing there are fairly high interest rates attached to it.

Is CareCredit a good way to pay for cosmetic surgery?

+2

It really depends on the plan offered by your physician. We for instance offer a six month interest-free plan. As long as you pay it off in 6 months, it is a great deal. We also offer a layaway plan.

Peter T. Truong, MD
Fresno Oculoplastic Surgeon

Financing cosmetic surgery

+2

Care Credit is frequently used for financing cosmetic surgery.  Overall, it is a bit more expensive because of interest charges, but it is a reasonable way to go to achieve a permanent improvement in one's appearance.

Good luck!

David Alessi, MD

CareCredit to Pay for Rhinoplasty Surgery

+2

If possible, it is always better to pay for your surgery up front but CareCredit is a reasonable option if you must borrow the funds. Many patients have successfully used this program without problems.