How to keep your tummy tuck discreet from the people present in the same house?

my TT is on 10th. My issue is my NOSY inlaws who live in same house & I dont want them to know abt my TT, But how will this be possible living in 1 house? Upon discharge on 2nd day, what can i tell them as i enter home, there WILL be questions abt my painful walk n absence! Living in hotel alone isnt possible too As Hubby cant take more off from job, & I don't hv close friend/family in this country! Any tips n ideas pls? I m so blank

Lying about your tummy tuck

+2
Although I don't recommend it as you may get caught, the following excuses all come in pretty handy:
1. You had uterine fibroids removed
2. You had a hernia repair
3. You had a cholecystectomy (gallbladder removal) or other laparoscopic procedure

That top two are a bit safer as gd forbid you later need your gallbladder removed! Hernia is pretty good, make it "ventral" which often has the same scar, and the same recovery period and restrctions. Good luck!

+2
That's tricky...this is a large enough procedure so that I think it will be difficult to do that.  While it's easy for me to say I'm not sure you're going to be able to pull that one off, particularly if they're "nosy."  Is it possible that they could even be helpful if you brought them into your confidence?  (Or, failing that, can you send THEM away on a vacation?....)
Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

Hiding surgery

+2
This is not a surgery you can hide.  I recommend talking it over with your spouse on how you would like to handle the situation.  Certainly if he is at work and they are available at home, you may benefit from their help.  Good luck.

Mennen T. Gallas, MD
Katy Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

+1
You cannot hide this surgery.  It is best not to be stressed by trying to hide it either.  

A tummy tuck can be done as a solitary procedure. Many times the results are enhanced by adding liposuction to the hip and love handle area. A tummy tuck is also done in combination with a breast augmentation in a mommy makeover.

Please find an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and member of the Aesthetic Society using the Smart Beauty Guide. These Plastic Surgeons can guide you on all aspects of facial surgery, breast augmentation and body procedures including tummy tucks or mommy makeovers!

Robert Whitfield, MD, FACS

The truth

+1
The truth almost always seems best. It will be obvious that you have had some sort of surgery.  If you don't want them to know you will have to make up some kind of falsehood, and then things will be worse if they find out.