What Are Your Thoughts on the Palovia at Home Laser?

I have been getting Botox for my crow's feet for 6 years now. The skin around my eyes is the main thing that gives away my age. I want to try the Pavlovia but don't want to diminish the effects of my Botox. Do you know if using this laser would have a negative effect on efficacy or how long my Botox will last? Thanks for your input.

Palovia laser for at home treatment of wrinkles and botox

+1

Palovia laser is similar in technology to the Fraxel fractional laser that we use in the office for wrinkles. There is no problem with the use of Fraxel done before Botox or starting one day after Botox. There has been no evidence to my knowledge that the effect of Botox is diminished by external light sources or lasers once the Botox is bound to the synapses between nerves and muscles.

+1

Botox, like all nuerotoxins, works by weakening the muscle responsible for creating unwanted lines and wrinkles.  Lasers and chemical peels work on the top and mid section of the skin that is well above the muscle layers of the face so they should have no effect on the Botox at all.  The FDA strictly regulates the use of powerful Lasers to physicians or those supervised by them.   The ones available to consumers, for home use, are much less powerful.

Laser treatments and Botox

+1

Since Botox works on the muscles that are under the skin and this laser only works on the superficial part of your skin it is unlikely that it will have any effect on your Botox results. Hope this helps!

Marcel Daniels, MD
Long Beach Plastic Surgeon